Beans 65mm turbo upgrade...opinions

the upgrade you did to 62/86 is that to the stock turbo?? can i just replace the stock bearings to keep from having the trouble?

ka rainwater said:
the upgrade you did to 62/86 is that to the stock turbo?? can i just replace the stock bearings to keep from having the trouble?

Yes..Industrial removed my 65/88,rebuilt my stock turbo,installed the 62/86 and ZERO balanced it.

Eric(Innovative)even told me the turbo wouldn't last long running that kind of boost(42psi) and it didn't.
32-33psi is more than enough boost and anything higher you really get out of the efficiency zone of the turbo.

The 65/88 is tough to get tuned where it doesn't surge,but my 62/86 doesn't do it at all and is stronger off the bottom thru the middle.

Mooring Product said:
I believe Mikey installed the turbo onto his truck. I could be wrong.

Pete

Mikey has it for sale and claimed it was never installed.

I put mine on myself originally but it really needs to be balanced.
My new setup was balanced after the rebuild

did it being out of balance have anything to do with it crapping out on you?? he does claim it is brand new never installed...i sure hope that is the case before i buy this thing IF i do buy it

you can look at a turbo and pretty much tell if it has ever been used. It is almost impossible to clean a trubo to the point where you cannot tell it.

Photos look good to me.

ka rainwater said:
did it being out of balance have anything to do with it crapping out on you?? he does claim it is brand new never installed...i sure hope that is the case before i buy this thing IF i do buy it

I sent you a PM.
Yes..plus the high boost caused the bearings to go.

wrote you back..i contacted them about getting a quote on doing it...i would have to send them my turbo and be without a truck correct..how long do you think it would take them?

ka rainwater said:
wrote you back..i contacted them about getting a quote on doing it...i would have to send them my turbo and be without a truck correct..how long do you think it would take them?

It will not take more than 1-2 days.