Best 1/4 times EVER in a standard truck???!

oldsmokey97

The title kinda says it all!

What are the best EVER 1/4mile times while rowing gears??? Just wondering how far behind i am.

I got 13.996 when i had the FE but since the 3850 12cb.. best is 14.4!

Just wondering.

Lance

how do you launch? do you ride it out, or rev it and dump it? What rpm/gear do you launch in?

Jeff Prince ran 12.1X that I have video of and may have run faster. But, for sure 12.1X

~Wes~

Crawler said:
Jeff Prince ran 12.1X that I have video of and may have run faster. But, for sure 12.1X

~Wes~
that the reg cab dually? Didn't he finally change to an auto? I saw that video too, 3rd gear launch I think? That'll definitely be tough to even catch up to for any manual guy.

Yeh, Jeff ended up going to a built auto. I thought the truck was in the 11's though before he went to an auto??? Either way it was sick fast for a stick truck. :D 5 speed dually

lmills said:
Yeh, Jeff ended up going to a built auto. I thought the truck was in the 11's though before he went to an auto??? Either way it was sick fast for a stick truck. :D 5 speed dually

Thats nuts 12.1x with a Stick, thats hard to believe, not saying it ant true.

I have seen the vids man.. That thing was stupid quick with a stick

To give you an idea of the HP required. On the 12.1X runs he would trap around 119-120mph.

~Wes~

where's the vids people????!!!

Exactly how much horsepower does that add up to?? Dont feel like finding the calculator thingy!

I take off in third. Bring it up to about 3500 or so and slip it out. I let it all the way out once i get some speed or else the back tires will just spin.

Lance

I was pretty sure he dipped into the 11's right before the auto swap too.

what kind of horsepower does it take to go that far with a stick??

what kinda clutch ass. was he running cuz i took my clutch out not long ago and found some pretty good heat cracks on the flywheel from heat while slipping it out.

Lance

At the 2006 TS race, a guy with a black 3rd gen was running low 12's with his six speed.

would there be any kind of way to get some kind of clutch disk to use in my truck with my 3850 pressure plate and the flywheel from my old FE assembly?? Something like a 4puck clutch that would hold some power and shift as fast as stock??
Cuz right now i am being held back by the times in between shifts with my DD and was wondering if I can mix-and-match parts to have a "like stock" shifting speed and still hold the power i got.

Lance

I'm guessing that truck had to be pushing 4-digits to run those numbers. I don't have any idea what it weighed, but 11.6x is gettin with an auto, and he did it bangin' gears!

B18B1LS1 said:
I'm guessing that truck had to be pushing 4-digits to run those numbers. I don't have any idea what it weighed, but 11.6x is gettin with an auto, and he did it bangin' gears!
The truck was far from 4 digits back then.I know ,I was in the other lane a many of time in those years.

CC12V said:
The truck was far from 4 digits back then.I know ,I was in the other lane a many of time in those years.

What was Jeff's best run in that truck with the 5spd Joe?? I want to say an 11.6XX, but CRS makes me wonder LOL LOL

Billysgoat said:
What was Jeff's best run in that truck with the 5spd Joe?? I want to say an 11.6XX, but CRS makes me wonder LOL LOL
I thought Jeff went 80's but it could have been very well 60's.Theres a clash of the titans video somewere showing his run.
I told him back then thats a record that will stand forever.

Back