Best antifreeze

dangerous06

diesel tech
Anything good out there for fill and forget for a few years? Seems besides Power steering and brake fluid this is the most neglected fluid!

Most glycol is bought from three major plants in the us. companies like John Deere and valvoline just add color and packaging and ship it out. With that being said IMO it's all the same as long as it's wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most glycol is bought from three major plants in the us. companies like John Deere and valvoline just add color and packaging and ship it out. With that being said IMO it's all the same as long as it's wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antifreeze is not all the same I have had some turn black in months and start corroding stuff.

Has anyone ever used Evans waterless coolant? If I had a vehicle that wasn't being worked on or changed up every few months, I'd be tempted to try some.

Sent from my LG pad

i run strait Distilled water and a 180* stat.

it barley freezes down here in the winter.

if you love your truck always add distilled water with your coolant. not tap water.

Now see, distilled water I've read is bad for your engine. Something to do with it being ionized and not having metals so it pulls it off of the engine.

Sent via USPS 2 weeks ago

Anything good out there for fill and forget for a few years? Seems besides Power steering and brake fluid this is the most neglected fluid!

Coolant has been on my mind as well as it's time for a drain and refill. I am tore between the Evans and the Amsoil. Probably leaning towards the Amsoil as I get it at cost...

i run strait Distilled water and a 180* stat.

it barley freezes down here in the winter.

if you love your truck always add distilled water with your coolant. not tap water.

Now see, distilled water I've read is bad for your engine. Something to do with it being ionized and not having metals so it pulls it off of the engine.

In my track bike I use distilled water and water wetter. I change it yearly (stored in a heated garage during the Winter months), always comes out as clean as water can after being heated in an all aluminum engine.

Has anyone ever used Evans waterless coolant? If I had a vehicle that wasn't being worked on or changed up every few months, I'd be tempted to try some.

Sent from my LG pad

yes pretty slick stuff. Literally! I try to stay away from coolant as much as I can on anything that hits the track. It is good stuff though just not enough time on it to know how legit it is.

Been running tap water in all of our vehicles since I was a kid. Have yet to see a coolant system failure.

in ATV's i see people who have run tap water, and after a few years there is always a white scaley build up in the head, radiator and thermostat housing.

i run about 1 gallon of Ethelyn glycol and the rest with distilled water in all of my bikes and both the 24v and the CR. I drop the water once a year, regardless of mileage and i let it flow thru a paper paint funnel filter and i see minimal contaminants ever come out.

Tyler, makes me wonder if the tap water source area has much to do with it? i.e. tap water contaminants like sulfer, lime, etc etc,

i would have to call Bull on that one. my internals come out crystal every year.

Back