Best Blow off valve

cumminsbus

Reconstruction Era
Does anyone besides bd make a BOV for the cummins with an automatic?

The BD uses a Tial BOV...

I had issues with mine. The problem was that when blowing off at 60psi, the 0-ring that the valve seated against would blow out of its seat, causing the valve to stick open. This created a boost leak. It really sucked when grabbing gears and having to shut down. Additonally it was hard to tune so it would close on boost after shifting. Stiffer spring would cause the turbo to bark, softer spring and it wouldn't close. One way to partially mitigate this issue is to tap boost off the turbo elbow itself. (the stiff valve spring only closes to about 15lbs of boost, it's held closed by boost over that pressure)

Since you have an auto, I think you'll have a much better experience. Theoretically, you're only blowing off once in a while, so you shouldn't have the off boost/on boost issues I had.

With my six speed, I would disconnect mine when drag racing, and leave it hooked up on the street. It's a cool device for sure. If I were to do it again, I would use an on-board compressor and air tank to provide pressure to the valve to hold it closed on-boost. I wrote pretty extensively about it in the 3rd gen performance section of DTR...

looking for one also whats the price on these bad boys???