Best Boots & Clamps for Turbo & Intercoolers...

JacktheBear3

Enthusiast
Turbo & Intercooler boots seem to be a sore subject on race day.... those little things that fail can ruin your entire weekend.

Is there a true performance winner when buying Intercooler boots and clamps ?

What brand, or who has, the ultimate ?

Best I know of the boots from Piers are hard to beat, they should have some T-bolt clamps as well to hold them on.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the hairspray :evil

I've used PDR's daily at ~75psi with no problems. The upper boots are just 3" 4-ply silicone coolant hose.

brandon.

joefarmer said:
I've used PDR's daily at ~75psi with no problems. The upper boots are just 3" 4-ply silicone coolant hose.

brandon.
I have the same set from Piers, with the spring-loaded retainer clamps...

:aiwebs_029: I heard that Hoss was popping through several sets of these boots though, maybe he will let us in on what he did to fix that?:bow: And which boots solved the problem.....:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Hoss?:poke: :poke: :evil LOL

RacinDuallie said:
I have the same set from Piers, with the spring-loaded retainer clamps...

:aiwebs_029: I heard that Hoss was popping through several sets of these boots though, maybe he will let us in on what he did to fix that?:bow: And which boots solved the problem.....:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Hoss?:poke: :poke: :evil LOL

I only blew up one PDR boot (it was over a year old and had seen lots of 100+ psi runs) and then several other brands after that. I am back to the PDR boot now and I was having some issues with the engine torquing over that was contributing to the problem. With that problem solved via a chunk of chain to the frame from the engine. I think I should be good to go. A huge thank you goes out to Rip Rook at Source Automotive for opening his shop at 11:00 pm on Friday to help me fix the truck and loaning me a boot so I could race on Saturday!!!!! In my opinion the PDR boots are the way to go. I am having Jason at Northwest Custom build me a new pipe to fit better and run straight to the intercooler with no bend :rockwoot: much more gooder when you do not have a inner fenderwell to go around :ylsuper:

Last edited:
Ahhhh. Good I feel relieved now, knowing my boots should be up to snuff:evil :evil :evil LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
clampco spring loaded clamps same as BDs and Piers
A-1 co. out of Or. direct dealer for clampco sell any size between 2.33 and 6.5"
4 1/4 clamps cost me about $2.30 a piece beats 10 dollars or more I looked up clampco on the net to get all of their sizes I will look for A-1 number

Last edited:
Piers boot here, holding great. I think I'm using thier clamps as well.

dan