Best Fuel Supply Pump???

Raschein

I am looking to upgrade my Fuel Supply Pump? Should i go with a FASS, or should I go with a Glacier system??? Any help would be appreciated..

Dustin

I have the Pureflow Air Dog system.. The kit was complete, and the install went very well. They offer a 95, and a 150. My kit came with a 95, and I just ordered a 150 and the price for the new pump was only $64. They don't mind spending some time with you on the phone either if you have any questions.. Hope this helps..

All pumps have the +s and -s. The only proble I had with the mitusa was that it is belt driven and I didnt know how it would hold up in off road or muddy conditions.

I have the glacier kit and I am very happy with it. Rich is a nice guy too and can tell you exactly what you need.

I have thought of getting a belt driven pump, yet that was my main concern, whether it would hold up against mud and dirt?? So i may be getting a galcier system. now the question is whether to get the big line kit or just the standard kit..

Raschein said:
I have thought of getting a belt driven pump, yet that was my main concern, whether it would hold up against mud and dirt?? So i may be getting a galcier system. now the question is whether to get the big line kit or just the standard kit..

How much power do you plan on making and what are your plans later on?
Modded cp3/injectors, etc, etc?

fuel pump

$.02 go with the glacier. great price and a great guy. (richard) I have installed lots of FASS systems and everyone of them has been missing something in the kit. Too much money spent on those sytems for pieces to be missing.

im building my own system. 5/8 draw tube, 1/2 inch line, i just havent decided what pump i want to run and at what psi. maybe i will put boost referenced regulator in who knows. i had the fass on my 00 and never had any problems with it other than the ridiculus price of the filters. im getting an fs1000 and filter head for 20 bucks, available most anywhere

Im piecing my own Walbro kit together and it should be right at $200... Im also adding a couple aux filters (10mic and 6mic) on the frame rail. My total would be right around $250. Im doing a write up for DTR next week when i do the install if you are interested. It will have all the part numbers and places to buy stuff.

can you post that write up here too, dtr doesnt like me or allow me to look at their site...which pump are you walbro are you using??

I know if some are planning on running dual CP3's their gonna need someting to flow more volume than these fuel systems out now cause the fuel demand is so much, so I E has come out with a larger MITUSA to flow more for the Dual CP3 demand. If you want any details PM me

feelmecummin said:
can you post that write up here too, dtr doesnt like me or allow me to look at their site...which pump are you walbro are you using??

of course... Just waiting on parts right now

JacktheBear3 said:
FASS Fuel systems / my 2cents

FASS pumps are LOUD...and expensive. I have read about a few broken pumps and the guy didnt really stand behind his product. He just told them to clean the brushes even though its under a 6 year warranty...not much of a warranty if you ask me.

you have read this.... Sounds like a national recall should be posted. I can tell you the warranty is fine, and if your scared to work on your truck, any aftermarket fuel system is going to be a poor choice. IMO

JacktheBear3 said:
you have read this.... Sounds like a national recall should be posted. I can tell you the warranty is fine, and if your scared to work on your truck, any aftermarket fuel system is going to be a poor choice. IMO

If I was going to spend $500 on a fuel system..Id go with the guy who stands behind his kit. Im going to ahve $250ish into my Walbro kit and it should be just as good if not better than the FASS.

if you are going to but duel fueler on from ppe or somewhere don't get one unless you but in a actuator to tell it to turn on at a certain boost level do to like the ppe duel fueler won't work right at idle with the auxaliary system on do to too much pressure on the system and it will miss and smoke at idle but running they can be on and it doesn't affect them do to the fact that they need the fuel once pumping hard.

8mpg said:
If I was going to spend $500 on a fuel system..Id go with the guy who stands behind his kit. Im going to ahve $250ish into my Walbro kit and it should be just as good if not better than the FASS.

I am sure it will be. Good Luck

dzlfarmboy said:
I know if some are planning on running dual CP3's their gonna need someting to flow more volume than these fuel systems out now cause the fuel demand is so much, so I E has come out with a larger MITUSA to flow more for the Dual CP3 demand. If you want any details PM me

That's funny... You do not need anything more than a single walbro with dual pumps.

The fastest common rail dodge on fuel right now is running Glaciers Walbro kit with a single walbro at a low psi. Holds the same pressure ALL the way down the track.

If the walbro for some reason isn't enough I would go with GDP's mechanical pump system. I'll have one on my truck here pretty soon. Nobody beats Richards customer service.

dzlfarmboy said:

I know the airdog will keep up with modded and dual pumps.