Best Headgasket to use with head studs?

Thanks Broke Down for the torque schematic of the head. And thanks to all for the insight. Im getting a set or arp headstuds from greg at motorsportsupply on monday. and im just gonna do the headgasket when it comes time. Knock on wood i hope it aint for along time. Thanks Ya'll. Scott

just remember to pull one bolt, drop the stud in and torque it to stock spec.

do all 26 THEN start bringing the torque up.

ive seen people pull all 26 and wonder why the gasket blows 3 min later.

Yeah. Thanks. I would be really pissed at myself if i screwed that up and had to take it all apart again. Should i buy an extra valve cover gasket just in case?

Shouldn't, just take it off carefully. If it is broke then get one, but it should come off easy and set it aside.

Yeah i know i shouldnt but i just have bad luck when it comes to this. So ill by one then jus return it if i dont use it. Id rather be safe than sorry.

Why would you only bring them to factory specs and then torque them down? First I've heard of doin it that way. I know everyone has an opinion just wondering about this one.

because if you have 26 bolts at 90lb/ft and start tightening studs to 125+, by the time you get the center done it pulls the middle of the head down leaving the outer bolts relaxed, which can unseal the gasket.

Thanks. That makes alotta sense on torquing down the head.

i always used small steps, started at 60, then 80, then 95, 110, 120, and then to 130 twice. its time consuming but this is an important part of the engine. i am running the .090 marine gasket and have had no problems. ive heard alot of good about them. scheid has them for like 130 or somethin.