Best input shaft??????

Talked to Monster Pump Mike.......

Appears I am going to use his trans, converter, input and valve body........ Anyone want a fresh Suncoast converter and HTS valve body, maybe even a HTS trans.???????????

Appears I am going to use his trans, converter, input and valve body........ Anyone want a fresh Suncoast converter and HTS valve body, maybe even a HTS trans.???????????

Is Mikes input OS? I can't remember...

MCForstenRacing;174 experli0715 said:
You will be very happy!!

....unless anything in it goes wrong, Then I wish you the best of luck.

I have a buddy that would probably sell you his MPM trans after his last experience.:doh:

Posting some pics of the carnage for matty169

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

If the splines aren't twisted, our guys will usually stand behind their shafts and warranty them for a "POW" like that

I have a feeling when i get 2nd gear lockup my twisted billet input wont be loving life anymore.

Watching...

When it comes to standard sized inputs, Sonnax is the standard upgrade, if we get it back twisted/broke, then a TCS goes back in its place.

Wouldn't this be more for the fact that if it breaks again the TCS usually snaps more cleanly? I know when/if the Sonnax break ( I have only seen one and heard from a few others the same story) they do so badly and usually take out the converter or worse?

....unless anything in it goes wrong, Then I wish you the best of luck.

I have a buddy that would probably sell you his MPM trans after his last experience.:doh:

Yup Im runnin a MPM tranny and I love it but good luck with getting things done in a timely matter. I had one of his first converters and when he updated it to a new design it took forever to get the new one and get it put in. Similar to the guy Rick is talking about and hell both of us only live about 20 mins away from him.
Dont get me wrong you will love the tranny and his parts are some of the best but youre gonna be waitin I can tell you that.

All i know is i have been running the same TCS shaft for over 2 years now and she is still good.
Alot of 40 psi launch ,a good bit of 50 psi launchs and even some 60 psi lanuchs.
Its a stock diameter TCS canada shaft. It's a different grade material then what they use on their standard shafts.
i was told to give it hell and see if it breaks.
this will be the 3rd year of abuse on it.
hopefully we can go a more year broke shaft free!

Trans

Mind you, this truck doesnt lock the converter till about 48-49 mph in third and this shaft did this. NO boosted launches and just street tires. Kind of a joke really. I dont know what HTS used for this shaft but I will find out. I thought they used Sonnax or TCS. It pisses me off because I questioned the ungodly hard part throttle shifts, but they told me thats how they set them up. Marianne or whatever from HTS tried to tell me that this trans shifts like this because it wasnt built as a street truck, it was a drag race only trans.(2 days after it broke and her talking to Dusty) I asked the previous owner about that and he says Bullsh!t, It was built as a street truck. I was told that NO shaft will live shifting like that by several builders. Marianne says ,"we have thousands of trans out there and thats how they shift" and that she disagrees with anyones opinion about the firm shift. Well guess what!!!
I called Sonnax, TCS canada and TCS Arizona. They ALL said that YES, if your trans is barking 305/45/22 tires at part throttle you WILL break their shafts. I work with the ONLY 2 diesel shops in this area and not one of them or their customers will ever be buying a HTS trans....Guaranteed! You cant even talk to the builder of the damn thing on the phone, just a secretary or wife.
I wonder how fast it would have broke if I locked it in second?

If i was you i would put new shaft in it, lower pressure a bit.
I have 2 HTS valve bodys and they dont shift that hard.

As do I. My truck shifts great. Also the CSI truck is in the 9's with an HTS trans.

Well....

That was my original plan, however, after NOT being able to talk to the actual builder, being given bullshi!t excuses and being told that it shifts correctly, but that they would adjust it for $400, FORGET IT. By the time I bought a converter, shaft and valve body I would have about the same money in it.
I would rather overbuild it once(hopefully) and be done with it. I would like to be able to lock in second and after this I wouldnt feel comfortable doing that with anything that comes from HTS. To everyone with HTS trans that work well, good for you. I hope it stays that way for you.