Best intake, and programmer chip etc

I sell them as well but not being a sponsor I thought I'd get slapped for saying it.

There are other options - some aren't as good is all.

MD-LUCKY said:
Amsoil makes a decent product, but man are they EXPENSIVE..

Too much $$ for my cheap butt.

Besides.. Its a lot more fun to just build your own and save yourself hundreds of dollars. :)

Just buy these items:

$6.39 -- Hastings B50 Oil Filter (or Baldwin B50)

$25.34 -- Filter Mounting Plate with correct 5/8-18 threads, part # 24755 (wix part number)

$13.34 -- 3.5 Feet High Temp/Pressure Rubber Line (Transmission Cooler Line) This was my personal choice: http://www.daycoproducts.com/daycoweb.nsf/...n_Hose?OpenForm However, there are MANY other choices to consider. Shop around, make sure you have the correct temp (I recommend a Minimum of 300* F) and pressure ratings (I recommend 200psi).

$8.74 -- Hose Clamps, 1/8 NPT fittings.

-Two (2) 90* Push on 1/8 NPT with 1/4" hose fittings. These are for the Filter Mounting Plate

-One (1) Straight Push on 1/8 NPT with 1/4" hose barb fitting

-Four (4) 1/4 Hose Clamps

$10 -- Miscellaneous Items. This includes things that you may not already have, such as pipe compound, a tap, and other smaller items that may be needed but not listed. I recommend the use of pipe compound over Teflon tape.

Those are the required parts. These parts are optional for the oil return and for the final "look" of the installation.

$13.56 -- Stainless Spectra 1/4 Fuel Hose Braided Cover

$40 -- Oil Return/Fill Cap = Part Number "EPS-OFCSW-DC" from www.oilguard.com
OR - http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/bf.aspx (Part #BK1301)

Save yourself a few hundred dollars and get filtration to 2um nominal, 8um absolute.

:fish: :Cheer: :fish:

You have a pic?

Naked and All Dressed Up:

Attachments

• bypassfilter2_007.jpg
    bypassfilter2_007.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 20
MD, that's pretty slick. Got anymore pic's you can post or send?

Cheers

Wyatt Earp said:
MD, that's pretty slick. Got anymore pic's you can post or send?

Cheers

Sure, lots-o-pictures..

Is there a particular angle or spot that you are looking for? I have tons of pictures, and I can always take more if needed.:blahblah1: :Cheer:

Sweet setup. I was actually looking at the Amsoil Bypass kit last night. Are I'll agree with you that the ARE pretty dern expensive. :aiwebs_029: What kinda oil change intervals are you looking at?

I've played it ultra conservative by going 5k oil filter changes and 10k oil changes (with a 5/40 synthetic).

I usually sample around 5k just to get an idea, and then again right before I change the oil... I'm going to start skipping the 5k samples because they have been so good, and just go straight to 10k.. Even after 10k they tell me to run longer intervals, but I just can't convince myself to do it!

I was running the Wix 51050 bypass filter, but the Hastings/Baldwin has much better nominal and absolute micron rating. I'm going to do a particle count at 5k on this interval just to see how the filter is doing.

This is one of the last oil filter samples that I have done.. Great wear obviously, but notice the air filtration.. :woohoo:

Attachments

• sample2.JPG
    sample2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 7
diesel_ram_man said:
I love the Edge Comp, Bhaf is great for an intake

You like the BHAF better than a cone style oiled filter?

BHAF's are a great replacement paper element. The jury is out if they even flow as much air as OEM drop in styles but there is no questioning their filtration abilities. I've seen so many different reports I couldn't tell you which is more correct. I personally find them a bit $$ for the simple fact that I've got to toss them and start again at the required intervals.

I just replaced my BHAF with an AFE PG 7, seat of the pants feel and turbo spool both say the AFE flows much more freely. This summer wen hay season starts back up a BHAF might be going back on it, it's hard to beat the filtration offered by a paper element filter.

From what I have read, the biggest issue with the intake is actually in the tube design more then in the air filter restriction.

If you read the old information that was posted everywhere from AFE, the stock airbox was good for 229cfm.

If you had the first stage AFE, you upped it to 297cfm.

Finally, if you got their "torque tube" you jumped up to 497cfm.

If Air-raid is correct on their advertising and they flow 20% better, they would flow roughly 350cfm.

The BHAF was supposed to be around 650 cfm. If you take the size of the BHAF (although it is somewhat difficult to calculate because of the pleats) you would come out with roughly 2.178 cfm per inch.. I don't know if that number is realistic for a paper element or not, but it seems somewhat plausible.

Paper isn't known for flowing the greatest, but it filters extremely well. I had a smaller BHAF installed before they came out with the AEM.. Once I saw that, I went for it. When I calculated it out, this smaller filter was good for 410 cfm.. It was out of a chevy I think..

Attachments

• Untitled_6.jpg
    Untitled_6.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 6