Best intake for 06 dodge cummins

smarty06

Diesel Junkie
i've heard that some intakes dont do anything more than the stock. But i would like to run an intake. My truck is straight piped 4", with a smarty tuner. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

i've heard that some intakes dont do anything more than the stock. But i would like to run an intake. My truck is straight piped 4", with a smarty tuner. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

what you've heard is kinda true. All of them are nice and probably do flow better than stock but, it comes down to which one catches your eye.

If you don't have any gauges... that's a better place to start :-)

I ran a K&N for about 2 years, and now an AFE. I liked them both, never had a single issue. I would recommend the AFE as my personal choice, buyt the K&N is significantly cheaper than a stage 2 AFE. I prefer oiled filters. I may explore a dry, But oil works just fine for me right now.

The S&B cought my eye, great product and cant beat the price! Looks great under the hood as well!

what you've heard is kinda true. All of them are nice and probably do flow better than stock but, it comes down to which one catches your eye.

This is the only truth your going to hear...

Ok my turn.. I LOVE my ICEBOX!! very pimp :evil

K&N while filtering the worst in every study I've read flows the most. K&N for me, keeps the intake clean on my rig.

i run a bully dog on my 03 and love it. easy install too. plus it comes with a shiny cover

Just remember one thing, in order to flow more air you have to sacrifice filtration. So you need to decide based on the environment the truck is in which is more important to you.

I have the AFE Pro Dry S filter, my truck is used mostly on road, so I felt it was ok to sacrifice a little filtration for more airflow.
If I traveled off road alot or traveled alot of dirt roads I would have chosen a different filter.

I have been using the Scotty filter along with the Cool Blue Hose.

The Scotty uses a two stage foam Uni-Filter element. My UOA's have always been very good, silicon levels are in the 3-5 range since buying this filter.

FWIW: My silicon levels are lower now than they were with my stock paper filter.

Scotty got out of the business over a year ago, I just found some for sale recently, here's the link.

http://dieselpowerproducts.com/cata...ld-Air-Intake-RA-5-04.5-06-Dodge-Cummins.html

Back