Best intercooler boots.

fullrut1514

What's the best for a second gen with stock pipes and a s466. Price is no issue. What's the best. And is there. Clamp I can put an impact on and not have to worry about stripping the threads on? Thx

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Big fan of BD. I blew 2 peaks boots apart and the bd has been holding fine for a long time. I also love there spring clamps.

I have ran BD boots on two trucks and haven't had any issues. I use a Snap On 3/8 electric impact to tighten the clamps and haven't stripped one yet.

Sent from my paperweight

What's the best for a second gen with stock pipes and a s466. Price is no issue. What's the best. And is there. Clamp I can put an impact on and not have to worry about stripping the threads on? Thx

Your not gonna find any clamps that wont strip out if you hammer on them with a impact

I have Vulcan Performance boots and have not had a problem

Since price is no issue, v-bands are the best.

X2 on mr bobs. I would not use Vulcan Performance. I'm glad blackcoal has good luck with them but we had TERRIBLE luck using them. I'll post pictures in the morning of what happened to vp boots on my brothers truck. The joint is wired so all the boot does is hold pressure and it would just shred vp boots. It's not that the clamp would let the boot pull off, it would literally tear the boot into pieces. Like I said, I'll post pics in the morning. We've got all the boots on a shelf at the shop to show customers. The only boots that have held up are mr bobs.

Last edited:
BDS and Peaks have both been good to me...

BDs are what im using right now, but I haven't put more than 30 psi to them.. yet...

Here is the VP boot from my brothers truck.

1377008288_zps5896d373.jpg

1377008400_zpsa78c06e4.jpg

1377008313_zpse5de3c8b.jpg

1377008333_zpsfa8e5c0b.jpg

VP next to a Mr Bobs boot

1377008374_zpsefd17fb1.jpg

1377008355_zpsfd1c5ec6.jpg

Mr Bobs here along with a turbo to intercooler boot from silicone intakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

intakehoses.com has all different kinds of stuff. I used there silicone boots and t-bolt clamps. Very pleased, work perfecr on my s466

Mr. Bob's also makes a 5 ply aramid hose. He calls them his race hoses. His standard is 4 ply aramid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2