Best Lift/Suspension kit

RowlandSmoke

so many kits to choose from. whos the best? i have a dodge 3500 6.7 2007.5. want to lift it but not sure how high. dont wanna lose to much handling because i like to go fast. thanks!

The best are gonna be Thuren and Carli. I love mine and keep adding stuff to it. Only thing is your gonna pay a tall price tag and you can almost never stop upgrading. For all the thuren and carli stuff on mine the price tag came in at around 7500. That's just for parts and installed myself.

wow 7500 thats about what i paid for a tranny and converter! and not sure how high yet i wanna go high i like 37s but my truck has alot of power and like i said i like to go fast.I wasnt looking to spend that much what else is there that is close quality but not that expensinveor should i save and get top of the line? i was thinking around 6in but thats still up in the air. Thanks for the feedback any advice is helpfull

What would you like to know?

Carli has long travel bags that will work with a lift kit otherwise you will need a spacer for the bags.

Carli is about to come out with their 3" radius arm as well! Can't wait. You can run 37's with both carli and thuren 3" systems. Thuren also have long arms as well.

Why is the carli about 5500 and rough country 1300 for about the same lift?

Rough country.
stif springs or spacer
Drop bracket for trac bar
Add a leafs
Drop bracket for sway bar
Gas or nitro shocks
Polyurethane joints
Thin walled control arms

Carli
Progressive rate coils
Adjustable trac bar (less chance of death Wobble)
Progressive mini packs or full progressive leafs
Adjustable end links or whole new sway bar
King off-road shocks valved specifically for you
Johnny joints
Steel or chromoly offset for bigger tires

Those are just the big differences. Quality of work is the next big thing. These are for actual use for heavy off-roading not just putting a truck in the air. I have about 7500-8000 into mine and still need ball joints, sway bar and full leafs. Then the 3" radius arms when they come out.

Also a FYI I have a skyjacker 4.5" lift for sale in the classifieds. Worked great for on road. Road really good but was to stif for the desert conditions out here.

Do you want a LIFT KIT or a SUSPENSION SYSTEM??? The first is for mall crawlers while the second looks as good as it performs off road! In most cases you get what you pay for... If you like to go fast on the pavement and do not off road the truck, long travel may not be the best option for you...

You need to think seriously and honestly what you plan to do with the truck and go from there... KORE is another high end suspension system to consider for the Dodge trucks... They build systems that are capable of racing in Baja not just cruising the mall parking lot.

On my Duramax I went with the Pure Performance long travel IFS system and love it in the dirt and on the street! But I also plan to run some desert races when I'm finally finished with my truck so I was not looking for monster lift, just good handling and long travel with shocks that will soak up big bumps and jumps...

thanks for the info. Im never going to race on dirt or sand. just pavement. and I would like to pull a sled here and there

thanks for the info. Im never going to race on dirt or sand. just pavement. and I would like to pull a sled here and there

If your primary concern is pavement, you can save a lot of money over the race type off road stuff...

Go with a good brand like Fabtech, ProComp, Rancho or something like that and choose their best shocks and you will probably be happy. If you are wanting to sled pull you ought to keep the lift low and go with nothing larger than 35s...

ok great info really appreciate it! is your skyjacker a long arm kit?

It's a short arm but they relocate the upper control arm higher so it's not at as steep of a angle. Lower one mounts the same just longer. Road good on the street too had no complaints at all. Once I got here to Cali and got into going to the desert definitely couldn't cut it. For street though worked great. Here's the link....

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156088

Selling tires too if your close