Best Oil

i run schafer premium 7000 15w40 15.00 gallon for premium oil that test better than amsoil schafer has a cenpro additive and has zinc and fosforus properties that are unmatched in any oil you can buy off the shelf. my customers report better fuel mileage and increased power and the oil stays cleaner longer. it also has longer service intervals. hard to beat for the price.

Is that a "low ash" oil? I was wondering if It'll work in the 6.7 with the filter garbage.

Is that a "low ash" oil? I was wondering if It'll work in the 6.7 with the filter garbage.

not sure about that but the distributor i get it from drives a new 6.7 dodge and changes oil every 15k

Rotella the whole life of my truck.....switched to the synthetic at 95K, all tests so far have been great.

I think it is a 'low ash' oil...... I see this -> Cummins CES 20078 and this -> API Service Classification CI-4/CH-4/SL in/on the Schafer site for the 7000 oil.

donno if I missed anything? Looks good from here.

rant rotella for ever but change every 2500 as its was dirty as heck, on first change of amsoil and so far its still clean!

How does the oil remain 'clean' if it doesn't absorb the acid?

we just went from rotella to penzoil long life gold 15w40 at my shop, and so far it seems to be working, pretty dirty between 5 and 7k but dosnt seem to be breaking down. has anyone on here used it ?

I rand Delo until I started reading various oil tests ........ The Valvoline Cummins Blue was in the top 3 overall in every test I seen. This test included several synthetics. I have no complaints!

Valvoline Premium Blue - Non Syn. Seems to consume too much between changes. (F350- tow, stock internals)

Delvac 1300 showed aeration at about 3000 miles. It also looked darker in color. (F350- tow, stock internals)

Delo being run now maybe 300 mile, so far looks good. (F350- tow, stock internals)

Shaeffers 9000 showed a viscosity drop from 40 to 30 in 2500 miles. (F250 race, dual hpop's.....) Change interval 1000 miles max. Results are great from oil report. Internal engine wear A+ from inspection. I think the shear from 2 HPOP's might be breaking down the viscosity early.

My Perkins book recamend oil change every 400hr the last time I changed oil and filters a pair of PH8A I had just under 20.000miles oil sample game back very good report. I use Champion Allfleet T it is a blended oil.3 gal, to a oil change.

Dale

How do you figure? I do that on dino oil and my oil results always come back great.

I run Amsoil, I know it seems expensive at 1st but in my case running it 10,000 miles & just having to change the filter at 5,000 & an add quart is cheaper than running anything else.

What would be the best oil to run with a bypass? Looking at putting a fs-2500 on. DIdnt know what oid to run with it for best results

I have been running Amsoil in just about every truck I have owned, in everything that would take oil. We run in it our mud drag trucks and my dad runs it in all his equipment as well. I used to have a sponsorship from them when I raced motocross.... so I guess I am slightly biased.:hehe:

We have had great luck with it though, we've only blown a couple motors so far! (not oil related of course)

I run Royal Purple's 15w40. The engine runs smoother and better. I picked up fuel economy as well. Cannot recommend it enough!