best place to buy injectors

HEAVYHITR

wow ,i just was lookin on ebay and these inj are expensive!

who do you recomend and how much are they ?

are they all rebuilt? do you guys just change them ? or have them tested ? whats the story ? can they be weak ?

i don't even know if i need them ,just hearing everybody talkin about them thought i would change them just for drill ?

then i see they sell the nossels seperately?

lmk what you guys are doing ?

If you are not having issues with your injectors and they have fairly low miles just get a set of nozzles. They are cheaper than a reman injector with nozzle and will work just the same

wow ,i just was lookin on ebay and these inj are expensive!

who do you recomend and how much are they ?

are they all rebuilt? do you guys just change them ? or have them tested ? whats the story ? can they be weak ?

i don't even know if i need them ,just hearing everybody talkin about them thought i would change them just for drill ?

then i see they sell the nossels seperately?

lmk what you guys are doing ?

Unless you know the seller personally I would never buy injectors from eBay. $.02

Never buy a reman. Only buy new ones.

Exergy
T&C Diesel
Industrial Injection

Few places to buy injectors. Stock new injectors are $360ish. Up to 100hp are around $400ish (Exergy will be higher on the modified injectors tho but better quality).

And unless your injectors are failing there's no need to buy whole new injectors if you want to up the HP. Just get nozzles. Which are in the $700+ range for a set.

And yes if you suspect any problems get the injectors tested at an injection shop locally or at the three shops above for $25-30 each

Last edited:
i think theres a injector or diesel place in long island ? anybody know of one in charlotte nc area?

i think theres a injector or diesel place in long island ? anybody know of one in charlotte nc area?

Diesel equipment company has a branch in greensboro and charlotte iirc

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I wouldnt trust Ebay for buying injectors, I use industrial injection

Cummins performance parts has really good deals on injectors I think it's like 2k for a set that is also honed

Never buy a reman. Only buy new ones.

Exergy
T&C Diesel
Industrial Injection

Few places to buy injectors. Stock new injectors are $360ish. Up to 100hp are around $400ish (Exergy will be higher on the modified injectors tho but better quality).

And unless your injectors are failing there's no need to buy whole new injectors if you want to up the HP. Just get nozzles. Which are in the $700+ range for a set.

And yes if you suspect any problems get the injectors tested at an injection shop locally or at the three shops above for $25-30 each

Exergy told me $50!

ok i'm in a hotel in indiana .my truck ran crappy 1/2 the trip through the hills of rt 80
it seems to have very little power under 2k rpm and will start slowing down .then when u step on it the trans kicks down .if i keep it over 2k it will tow pretty good .its also killin fuel (7-8 mpg) towing a 3 car trailer 25000 lbs . its also makinjg a injecter rattle and if i step into it it doesn't do anything but get louder .
i think i'm just goin to buy a new set of 100 hp injectors ? who's had good luck and would recommend ? how much money ? i just don't know what else could cause this ! no codes just runs crappy and feels like a intermitant miss or ? thanks guys .

Since your in Indiana check with scheid

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Your going to need a some more air if you want to tow with 100hp nozzles. It's going to a hot and smokey trip with the stock turbo trying to pull 25k. I've done it before tho. So it can be done but its not the best combo. I would be considering some 50/60hp or 15/20% over injectors.

Last edited:
Contact smokem on this forum. Best in the biz, goes the extra mile and is priced inline with everyone else. No brainer.

If you're trying to make a living with it, best advice is to go trade it on a new truck of your choice.

Since your in Indiana check with scheid

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

just read this , on my way back to ny .

cruisin ok as long as i'm at 2k rpm @ 73mph but if i step into it sometimes bad injecktor rattle .

If you're trying to make a living with it, best advice is to go trade it on a new truck of your choice.

i hear alot of horror stories about them too !

when i had my fords ,all i heard was "you need a cummins" now nothing but $$$$$$$$$$ i was considering maybe buying a 09-10 with a 6.7 ? is it worth it ?

why can tractor trailers go 750000- 1m miles before they put new injectors in and i'm reading about people having to change them at 100,000 miles?

my fuel milage is so bad ,it has to be bad injectors!! what else could posibly make it get 7-8 mpg !! damn its terrible

why can tractor trailers go 750000- 1m miles before they put new injectors in and i'm reading about people having to change them at 100,000 miles?

my fuel milage is so bad ,it has to be bad injectors!! what else could posibly make it get 7-8 mpg !! damn its terrible

They have better filtration, they fuel from high traffic fuel stations, and they are designed for heavier duty