Best route on electic fans

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
After numerouse problems with a/c cooling right. I'm getting away from the stupid electric clutch. What all is required to do the swap. What cfm do I need?

flexalite makes a great drop in kit that is what im going to Im with you on elecrtic fan hub

If you intend to tow, forget electric fans. Nobody makes a fan that will move the CFM of a stocker.

I have a Flexalite kit and it cools great in the 100+ degree Texas heat. I don't tow what some might consider heavy but been towing a boat and tractor with no problems with cooling or ac.

I have a Flexalite kit and it cools great in the 100+ degree Texas heat. I don't tow what some might consider heavy but been towing a boat and tractor with no problems with cooling or ac.

I'm with you man, everybody said I shouldn't use mine towing and I've had 32k+ multiple times behind my truck and never seen over 200*. The best part is the AC temp at idle, it cools so nice.

Flexalite is too pricey for me... I have aluminum plate abd all equipment to bend, roll, cut etc. I don't tow much. And I idle a bunch and go thru lots of Houston traffic and freeway travel.

Yeah best fan not a kit. Haha I'd rather spend money on fans instead of a fan kit.

To do it right you will end up spending more money and headaches for a street driven truck doing it yourself. You will need thermostatic control, with a relay for the AC override, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it will come to me. I thought the same thing when I decided to do it, just said to hell with it, You can just run them on a toggle but if you let someone drive your truck that could go very bad.

I have been doing some research on electric fans.

Ford Taurus from 1988 to 1995 have 16" fans that do 4500cfm EACH!!
Lincoln Mark VIII fans do 5000cfm but are to big to mount 2 of them.

If you look around, you can pick up new ones for under $100, and a Summit Dual harness for $60.

Now the Flexalite drop in is rated at 5500cfm IIRC.

If you do 2 taurus fans thats 9000cfm. For half the price.

I have been doing some research on electric fans.

Ford Taurus from 1988 to 1995 have 16" fans that do 4500cfm EACH!!
Lincoln Mark VIII fans do 5000cfm but are to big to mount 2 of them.

If you look around, you can pick up new ones for under $100, and a Summit Dual harness for $60.

Now the Flexalite drop in is rated at 5500cfm IIRC.

If you do 2 taurus fans thats 9000cfm. For half the price.

Somebody gots their thinking cap on! Thanks bud

Whenever I buy something I don't want it going out. Stock fan clutches are not reliable IMO. I've done forked out 1700$ in an a/c system. I want to kep my a/c working. Wireing electric fans is a snap. About $50 or less and you'll have an automatic on/off and manual on/off. Easy. Abd I'm pretty sure the stocker will flow more but it doesn't flow squat now and it's cooling my engine fine with it nit engaging. Electrics should do the tric

If it over hangs an inch or two I could live with that. As long as it fits between the intercooler pipes It should be ok.

What's the dimitions of a factory CR radiator?

Back