Best route on electic fans

I don't know how the electric fans keep these engines cool since they flow half the cfm of a stock fan but my boss runs the flex-a-lite fans on his 900hp CR and it never cracks 190* sitting in traffic or running full throttle.

Cus the stock fan is overkill in most situations. I put 2 small fans from a parts store and even those kept my 02 ho cool. I didn't even have a fan on my 98 cummins during the summer of 07

Here is a paper that gives some very enlightening information about engine cooling. It was done using a Chev, but the principles hold for any vehicle.

It is a lot more complex than rad area and fan rating.

It's long but well worth reading.

LLC Overheating Study

QUOTE]

that is a good read! thought i knew cooling systems pretty well untill i read this! i was thinking about building a electric fan set up as well. after this read i'm deff going to be puttin alot of thought in on how to make it most effective!

anyone find any more info on what the stock fan is pullin? i'm thinkin the same as roachie seein 11k somewhere.

iam running the flexalite and love them. never see over 200. ill be sled pulling some so we will see how they do. i did the hole pieceing together setup on my silverado and had mortal hell with it. the install and the way the flexalite makes it worth the money and there already setup so you can run a switch on them to keep both of them on all the time

guys also remember the guy who asked the question did the awsome hook stack build up a while back

I'm planning on putting in a single Lincoln Mk viii fan to start...an electric will help the truck warm up during long, frigid canadian winters.

To aid cooling, I'll be sealing up any leaks and to aid flow, cutting some vents in the hood...stylishly, of course. I think the hood vents will make a huge difference with flow.

iam running the flexalite and love them. never see over 200. ill be sled pulling some so we will see how they do. i did the hole pieceing together setup on my silverado and had mortal hell with it. the install and the way the flexalite makes it worth the money and there already setup so you can run a switch on them to keep both of them on all the time

guys also remember the guy who asked the question did the awsome hook stack build up a while back

If your trying to insult me, try it. There's no need to be a smart azz. Cause I'm the biggest ass you'll find pal.

On topic now...

I got a two 14" I got off a trenching machine. Flow 3000cfm each. I'll be testing these out and see how it does.

236.jpg

234.jpg

heres some installed pic of flexalites. all tig welded aluminum shroud and they realy install pretty easy

Back