Best SCT ECONOMY file

with 37's, 3:73's, and any tune i run i get around 13 in town and with a tailwind downhill i am lucky to see 16.

I get over 22 on the highway with Tadd's Insanity Tune from Elite Diesel......I love this tune it is just hard to keep my foot out of it.....

Gollonbait said:
Towing the race truck, I actually got the best milage out of DJ's STREET file. And it towed better than the Tow/Economy file too. Not too crazy of a file to be worried about also.

Now I have to figure out why the new Cold Start Street file doesnt seem to have the power like the regular one. Just haven't had time to call him about it.
x2; best highway MPG with DJ's street file.

I can tell you I have gotin about 17.5-19 on the freeway with 37" tall tires.

I cant tell you who does my tuning. I'm waiting on permission to tell everyone.

Dan...Please let Tim know Im still waiting on a reply to a email I sent him.

Robts said:
I can tell you I have gotin about 17.5-19 on the freeway with 37" tall tires.

I cant tell you who does my tuning. I'm waiting on permission to tell everyone.

Dan...Please let Tim know Im still waiting on a reply to a email I sent him.

A secret tuner? Hmmm . . . Interesting. But, how fast can you get 17.5-19mpg . . . That is the question. ;)

BilletGarage said:
A secret tuner? Hmmm . . . Interesting. But, how fast can you get 17.5-19mpg . . . That is the question. ;)

Im sure with a fass 150/180.225cc injectors,VGT-ss turbo,Speraco intercooler and a 102jet on the nitrous I would say.......................Its faster than most

Robts said:
Im sure with a fass 150/180.225cc injectors,VGT-ss turbo,Speraco intercooler and a 102jet on the nitrous I would say.......................Its faster than most

I would say so! Can you still tow with that setup?

To those who are getting less than 18mpg empty in everyday driving...

Why is it acceptible? This whole time I thought those trying to tell me to go to SCT were getting the same mpg as me or better.

alvispace said:
To those who are getting less than 18mpg empty in everyday driving...

Why is it acceptible? This whole time I thought those trying to tell me to go to SCT were getting the same mpg as me or better.

It's acceptable because an SCT Race file from (ID, Elite, or DJ) makes more power than any other tuning device out there. And, has the best transmission tuning to help things live under the power. I ran a Hypertech PP3 before I switched to the SCT and I can tell you there is no comparison and the Hypertech PP3 is a good programmer in my opinion for what it is. I can certainly understand if fuel economy trumps power for you. If so, it appears you've got the right arsenal of mods from your numbers. But I think most on "Competition"diesel.com would say power trumps the small gain in fuel economy any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'm pretty sure that a well written SCT economy file could compete with your numbers. On the highway with my "Race" file I have gotten almost 21mpg with the cruise set at 68. And, that said race file makes alot more power than your Superchips Flashpaq on the highest setting.

Just food for thought.

BilletGarage said:
that said race file makes alot more power than your Superchips Flashpaq on the highest setting.

I should hope so, brother, as hard as you all are trying to sell it. BTW, I appreciate you reading that I run a Superchip, but I think had you read further you wouldn't have missed the opportunity to say SCT is better than Banks too.

as far as my original post:

Maybe I didn't explain myself enough when I asked the original question. I am stating that it is not everyone's MO to consider every bit of information from this website and its members through the tunnel vision of "race only" or that power is the most important thing. In making that assertion, I am asking people to temper their responses to other members' questions with an understanding of what is important to that person not what is important to you. Most everyone of us who owns these trucks use it for everyday driving. Telling someone the canned answer of "get a SCT with a looney tune" for every question does most of them an injustice. The very fact that I also read these very same people giving this advice then advise to remove any tuning in order to not risk voiding their warrenty when they break their engines with these looney tunes is outrageous.

If you're gonna be a man and drive that powerful truck all over town then give advice about how your truck reinforces how much of a man you are, then be a real man when you tow it to the dealership broke.

strokedviking said:
you guys suck! i have to scrape to get 14mpg. thats going around 65-68ish. but on a normal basis i'm around 11mpg, poo poo!
honestly i'm getting sick of what crappy milage i get. i drive from pittsburg to home which is 220miles every weekend, and i cant stand paying $120-$160 in fuel a week.
i wounder if something is messed up in my drive line. i can go down a pretty steep grade going about 68ish, and if i put the truck neutral it will stay that consistant mph down the hill. but, if i put it back in drive right away going down the same grade, the truck slows down alot! to me, it shouldnt be that significant!

Hi,

DJ says you definitely have a problem with the truck. Give us a call 352-528-0688 so we can try to work it out.

Thanks,
Vivian

Thanks,
Vivian

alvispace said:
I should hope so, brother, as hard as you all are trying to sell it. BTW, I appreciate you reading that I run a Superchip, but I think had you read further you wouldn't have missed the opportunity to say SCT is better than Banks too.

Maybe I didn't explain myself enough when I asked the original question. I am stating that it is not everyone's MO to consider every bit of information from this website and its members through the tunnel vision of "race only" or that power is the most important thing. In making that assertion, I am asking people to temper their responses to other members' questions with an understanding of what is important to that person not what is important to you. Most everyone of us who owns these trucks use it for everyday driving. Telling someone the canned answer of "get a SCT with a looney tune" for every question does most of them an injustice. The very fact that I also read these very same people giving this advice then advise to remove any tuning in order to not risk voiding their warrenty when they break their engines with these looney tunes is outrageous.

If you're gonna be a man and drive that powerful truck all over town then give advice about how your truck reinforces how much of a man you are, then be a real man when you tow it to the dealership broke.

To start, your Banks PDA will also void your warranty so we highly recommend that you remove it before going to the dealership.

As far as fuel mileage, every truck is different, i.e. the truck is different, the driver is different and the tech that services and reflashes it is different. With an SCT custom tune you will find the file that works perfect on your truck, based on what you want out of it. For some it is the economy, tow, street or Looney. For some fuel savings is most important for some it is not. With SCT and a custom tune you have that choice.

Thanks,
Vivian

alvispace said:

Dude, how did we go from discussing the "Best SCT Economy File" to questioning manhood and it's relationship to my truck? My trucks never been towed to the dealer or anywhere because it was broke. Not sure exactly what's got you upset but remind yourself what thread your posting in. :confused: I have never told anyone to go out and "get an SCT with a Looney Tune" but I'm sure most would be happy if they did. I don't run DJ's files but many do and are very happy!

I did read your whole sig. I saw the Banks stuff your running. that's cool. So your stacking a Superchips tuner on top of the Six Gun module? Interesting but, it's still my opinion that your money would have been better spent on a custom tuned SCT. Sorry. You don't sound like max power is important so I take it you like to play things safe. So I would recommend an Economy, Tow, and Street program for you. Those files would be just as safe (if not more) than any off the shelf programmers out there. I am not saying their is anything wrong with any of the other programmers. I was happy with my Hypertech and it illustrated to me the benefits of altered programming in both fuel economy and power. But when you consider all the Flash Programmers cost about the same amount ($300-$400) I will always recommend the SCT for the 6.0.

BTW, you getting your fuel economy numbers from the dash lie-o-meter or are you figuring manually? With my Hypertech the dash fuel economy meter said I got 28mpg during a trip to the river a few years back. But the reality was 20.2 mpg figured manually.

Last edited:
BilletGarage said:
Dude, how did we go from discussing the "Best SCT Economy File" to questioning manhood and it's relationship to my truck? ...

BTW, you getting your fuel economy numbers from the dash lie-o-meter or are you figuring manually? With my Hypertech the dash fuel economy meter said I got 28mpg during a trip to the river a few years back. But the reality was 20.2 mpg figured manually.

My reply was not meant for you past the "back to my original question" That I why I put that line break in there. I thought since my original question was not posed directly to you, that the line break would be enough to avoid offending you. The bottom section was meant for those who I described in it and I accept that you are not in that group. I apologize for mixing a reply to you and the group into one, I could have done better to avoid the mixup.

On the manual calculating of fuel mileage, yes I have done manually. The most recent difference if 22.1 on gauge vs 21.5 filling cap to cap before and after.

MOMBENZ said:
To start, your Banks PDA will also void your warranty so we highly recommend that you remove it before going to the dealership.

As far as fuel mileage, every truck is different, i.e. the truck is different, the driver is different and the tech that services and reflashes it is different. With an SCT custom tune you will find the file that works perfect on your truck, based on what you want out of it. For some it is the economy, tow, street or Looney. For some fuel savings is most important for some it is not. With SCT and a custom tune you have that choice.

Thanks,
Vivian

Vivian, I knowingly put on these mods with the full understanding that I may push the truck beyond the warranty limits. I will not be removing in order to avoid having to pay for warranty failures.

Why is it acceptible for any of us to do anything else?

Revelation 21:8
"...all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur"

alvispace said:
Vivian, I knowingly put on these mods with the full understanding that I may push the truck beyond the warranty limits. I will not be removing in order to avoid having to pay for warranty failures.

Why is it acceptible for any of us to do anything else?

Revelation 21:8
"...all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur"

I agree with you Al about having integrity in this department. However, removing your tune prior to bringing the truck in for warranty work is not necessarily an attempt to deceive the dealer. Mine actually knows I run a programmer and asks that I tune back to stock before bringing it in to make diagnosis easier. They actually sell Superchips programmers in the parts department! And, according to some Master Diesel Techs, they can tell if the truck has been tuned anyway. There is quench patterns on the piston tops that indicate more than a stock level of fuel has been injected. In fact their was just an article (Head Stud install) that proves this in Diesel Power I believe.

I have great respect for the Bible but remember that we are saved by Grace and nobody is perfect.

John 8:1-11

That is your prerogative and I am a firm believer in "to each his own". I think what makes each of us happy is what each of us should do.

Thanks,
Vivian

MOMBENZ said:
That is your prerogative and I am a firm believer in "to each his own". I think what makes each of us happy is what each of us should do.

Thanks,
Vivian

The beauty of Freedom. ;)

BilletGarage said:
I have great respect for the Bible but remember that we are saved by Grace and nobody is perfect.
John 8:1-11

Refreshing! Thanks for the morning pick me up!