Best source for Cummins Parts?

Jeff, how many different engine serial numbers you have on you top secret black book? :poke:

:evil

Not really, but I see what you're saying. :hehe: You guys have to understand that the folks at most Cummins shops are trained to look parts up one way, and you can't even get started without having the serial number.
I have secret Ninja ways around all that crap.

Thanks for the niceness guys. We try. It's good to know that we have made a mark on the Diesel performance side of things. :Cheer:

It's not just Cummins guys...a LOT of parts places are that way...I hate dealing with those types.

Around here, you at least better have your model number before you ask for parts...we can't do much without that...you'd still be surprised how many people can't read a decal on the side of their hood!

Thanks for all the help Jeff...you've made a big difference in how I can take care of all the Cummins engine AGCO stuck me with without access to parts and service information!

Chris

Not really, but I see what you're saying. :hehe: You guys have to understand that the folks at most Cummins shops are trained to look parts up one way, and you can't even get started without having the serial number.
I have secret Ninja ways around all that crap.

Thanks for the niceness guys. We try. It's good to know that we have made a mark on the Diesel performance side of things. :Cheer:

That is true, I used to sell big truck parts, and even though I knew what part they were talking about, I had to have the part number to bill it out and to do that I needed a ESN to look it up. They would get just as pissy as I do now. lol

Here's what a top notch guy Snedge is. My truck started having some issues last Wednesday. I PM'd him with some questions here on CompD at about 7:30pm. He Pm'd me his number, I called him, and he talk to me for about 20min. Then he offered to come over to my house and take a look at it the next day. I live an hour away from his shop. I asked him what kind of compensation he wanted, and he told me to have my wife make him some browinies and everything would be good :hehe: :hehe: I would say that's pretty good customer service!!

Maybe this should be a sticky? This question is asked every few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now don't every one get happy about this but, Jeff..... you still have yet to charge me for the nipples I got. Just thought I'd remind you :-)

Not to sound like the broken record in this thread but.... you need parts, go to Mumau ! :rockwoot: lol

Maybe this should be a sticky? This question is asked every few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... I knew it was one of the worn out questions... I thought quite some time before I posted it.

I just couldn't think of a search string that I thought would work.

I do apologize for the repetitive question.

-David

Yeah... I knew it was one of the worn out questions... I thought quite some time before I posted it.

I just couldn't think of a search string that I thought would work.

I do apologize for the repetitive question.

-David
It's all good dude. Maybe this will be what it takes to make him a sticky!

Where to send the head

Alright... Well I've got a call in now to get a price on the head.

Lemme ask you guys this also... Who would you send a cylinder head to for either O-Ringing or Fire ringing?

Probably leaning towards just O-rings because my truck sees ALOT of street miles...

I'd send it to Fletcher. It will be perfect, IMO.

hey Snedge, did you get my PM about the hydraulic pump and the oil filter relocation kit?

Snedge??

What the heck is a Snedge anyway? Jeff, is that one of those Western PA kinda things?

Your cool with me no matter.

As long as we're letting other members know of GREAT shops and guys you can TRUST then I'd like to let you guys know about Wayne Zimmerman's shop (Midwest Truck Products). I don't know his handle on here but those guys,... like Snedge & Company, know their stuff and you actually get what you pay for and more. Wayne is a really good tuner and fab guy. He just took 2nd or 3rd at TS and placed 2nd at Schied's two years ago and in the top 10 last year. Lots of people sell things but few know how to make you a winner and how to get the most out of your rigs. Snedge and Wayne know.
Props!!!!

Back