best suspension/Lift kit? need advice

RowlandSmoke

so many kits to choose from. whos the best? i have a dodge 3500 6.7 2007.5. want to lift it but not sure how high. dont wanna lose to much handling because i like to go fast. thanks!

I have most of a Top Gun 8" short arm kit with shocks and drop pitman arm. It's gonna need some paint on the arms and I'm sure you would have to buy a bolt or two. I'd let it go for $800.

I had it on an '07.5 with 40" tires and she handled just fine.

I tried to sell the truck with the 40's and lift. I let the price go down to $35,000 and still couldn't move it. So, I pulled the tires and lift off and sold the truck. Tires are sold but, I still have the lift.

Here's a few pics:

100_7379_zps8a00ef92.jpg

100_7380_zps8272285d.jpg

100_7378_zps5b13145a.jpg

My vote is Fabtech. I gave a 5.5 inch one for my truck and i love it! Super easy to inatall, rides like a dream, and looks great.

Those must be some damn good tires if you put them on everything
It had actually been years since we fooled around with lifted trucks and big tires. I bought 4 of them to run on the red truck when it was srw and It was almost unreal how smooth this thing was. Tire tech has certainly come along ways. I was so impressed with the tires, I made an offer to buy out the remaining stock as these tires had recently been discontinued. Once we had so many of them on hand, we sorta went a little crazy. LOL

Last edited:
I absolutely hated those tires on my truck. Worst ones I've run by far.

As for the lift, I'd go Carli..

I absolutely hated those tires on my truck. Worst ones I've run by far.

Just curious, what was it that you hated so much about the tires? For us, other than the poor snow/ice traction, they were great. We also never did have a set balanced. We just mounted them up here at the house and ran em.

On the Dodge platform over 4" we install primarily Pure Performance and Fabtech long arm kits. Leveling kits get Synergy Mfg leveling kits to various degrees and 4" kits always get upper and lower control arms for rigidity and alignment.

If you're over 4" you should really save and get the long arm kit. Lots of folks do the short arm kits but from technical (or emergency) situations to every day driving, the long arm kits are hands and feet above short ams.

Body roll, brake dive, axle wrap, etc. are things to consider when picking a kit and my family rides on long arms for sure! My $.02

Good luck!
Pure-performance.biz
Synergymfg.com
Fabtechmotorsports.com

Last edited:
well who would you advise me to go with I guess I want around 5in. but who has a good long arm kit. im not racing on dirt and sand! so im wanna save some $$ and not go with carli or thuren. although I do want to hook to a sled! and drag.