Best tire for stock 3rd gen wheels

As the old saying goes, you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills first.

I have a off topic question , is it possible to put 2nd gen brake calipers on a 3rd gen to fit 15" wheels?

I have a off topic question , is it possible to put 2nd gen brake calipers on a 3rd gen to fit 15" wheels?

I'm sort of in the same boat with a 2wd. I ended up putting 2nd gen brakes on the rear so I could fit a 15 inch wheel and slicks for the track. However, I've seen a 3rd gen truck with the M&H drag radial, the big 390 tire, mounted on a widened stock aluminum wheel. It was widened towards the inside so it didn't stick out but had a wide beefy tire on it, looked really good and those drag radials work too. Something to think about.

On edit, how do you like the 3.40 gear?

I would say possibly..

The 15's fit with a little bit of grinding with the second gen rear disc setup. You only need the brackets and rotors as the calipers and pads are the same as a 3rd gen. I need to find a 15 inch wheel with more offset so they don't stick out as much as they do now. I only use them at the track so it's not a huge deal but the side of the bed gets covered in rubber from the burnout. Tough to clean so I spray the sides down with Pam cooking spray and the rubber washes off pretty easy.

I tried using the 2nd gen brackets and rotors , with the back spacing to fit 10" wide wheels in the bed they wouldn't fit over the calipers ...so I think 15" wheels aren't in the cards for my 05 ...it hooks decent with 305 nitto 420s

I have been considering narrowing the Rearend but that will be a can of worms , if do that then I'll want to 4 link it , if I do that I'll want to shorten it to a 6 foot box , if I do that I'll need to move the fuel tank , so I might as well go to a fuel cell in the bed and if I do that then I might as well move the batteries back there ...I will keep going and going so i am trying to keep it simple

If I went with wheels that stuck out of the bed 15" wheels would fit but I don't want that

Got the truck back today ...it's a handful ...blows the tires off in 2nd and hazes them pretty good in 3rd

Back