Best tranny fluid

hunt4food

I have heard a couple of the things about tranny fluid in a high horsepower truck.I heard stock fluid is better than amsoil because amsoil is to slick for good lockups.so stock or a synthetic fluid which would be best. Pros and cons of both.

Valvoline ATF+4 It's what we run in our trucks (over 1,100 hp). Works great.

Nobody has an answers on the topic.

How did I not answer? You asked about slippage and I replied no problems with slippage. When it comes down to it you can run just about anything you want that is ATF+4. I choose to run synthetic. Do this, go to your local parts store grab a bottle of Valvoline +4 syn, Royal Purple +4 syn, and whatever other brands they've got in the +4 syn category and read the back labels. Check out the differences.

If you prefer non-syn do the same thing and you'll see some awesome results.

Stock Moapr ATF is synthetic so no worries their. I used Mopar for 75,000 then switched over to Valvoline ATF4 for my Garmon tranny, no real reason other than cost for me. Damn double deep pan will eat up some fluid. Honestly I think you'll be fine with any of the name brands..ROB

It all depends on who built your trans. I know the Dave Goerend wants you to run Dextron in his trans.
ATF+4 is synthetic no matter what name brand.
Hey Rob i live in Kingsville!:bang

Thanks.I have the suncoast tranny.didn't have any luck with the getting a Goerend.

I am running amsoil in mine. I have had zero issues after 4 years of sledpulling on it.

i run the amsoil engine oil but heard it was to light for big horsepower in the tranny .if it is the best thats what i will run.

I run the redline atf +4. I went with the redline over amsoil because I didn't plan ahead and order the amsoil. The redline works great and I have had zero problems with it.

I'm running DTT parts and was told ATF+3 because the lubrcity of the +4 would cost power transmission...

Probably switching to dextron on the next change. It's readily available at work in bulk.

It all depends on who built your trans. I know the Dave Goerend wants you to run Dextron in his trans.

Everyone I know who has a built Goerend said Dave told them to run whatever fluid they wanted in their transmission. Never heard of him saying you need to run Dexron. Im pretty sure he told Josh(Teddy Bear) that he could run hydraulic fluid if he wanted to. :hehe:

Eric

Everyone I know who has a built Goerend said Dave told them to run whatever fluid they wanted in their transmission. Never heard of him saying you need to run Dexron. Im pretty sure he told Josh(Teddy Bear) that he could run hydraulic fluid if he wanted to. :hehe:

Eric

It said it in the paperwork in the last trans i put in. Dextron and add the bottle of additive he puts in with every trans.