Best Transmission???

i know pcs made the controller but no real support unless you call ats support. seems like a big step back to 4r100 but they are proven under higher hp.

I had the pleasure of being there when the first "ATS" controller was installed outside their shop. We put one in Nate's truck at DI...never could get it to work. Then another went into a well known 12V truck...also couldn't get it to work right. That was while sitting on the phone with ATS's top tech guy.
We couldn't get ANY info untill PCS was contacted...only then were they made to work right...ATS didn't know a damned thing about the controller....nothing.

Well I have called them all and talked to them. The people at ATS are very confident of their stuff and proud ($$$) and almost to "cocky". Suncoast is telling me that their is no way to build a 4R100 that will handle a 12v and that there is no way to build one with all the billet parts for under $5,000. BTS will build one and stand behind it for $3900. Sounds like I'm going with BTS. Also going to go with the PCS controller unless BTS has one thats better.

I'm running a 4R100 with a PCS controller behind my 616hp Common Rail, and I can tell you that it's a great combination. Eric Schertz at Dynotech Performance in Long Island NY built my trans and so far it's been holding the power great. No billet parts other than an input shaft. He machined some parts to make room for additional clutches etc..etc.. just left out the pixie dust, hopefully she stands the test of time.

The PCS controller is an awesome piece, contact Scott at Destroked for one as he is a dealer for them. I can also email anybody that buys one from him my file to get you going.

what year cummins do yall recommend? im not sure what year started with all the electronics... just curious to what i may need to look for.

03 through 04.5
That way you stay away from the drive by wire stuff....easier to wire everything in that way. Or so I'm told.

Back