best twin disc clutch

Farmall Power

Looking for opions on a twin disc clutch for my 03, would like to stay away from a sold hub design, what options are out there and is there certin ones to stay away from. Im planing on 650hp when i get done with what im doing for modes so i want a clutch that is good for at least that.

I don't think you can go wrong with SBC, Valair, Haisley. I just bought a 3600 SBC 12cb sprung hub (but still waiting for an input shaft).

What are you looking at doing? personally I like the haisley clutches was able to get 3 years about 40-50hooks and 50,000 hard miles out of mine. Also when they start slipping you can take them out and adjust them so you can get a little more life out of them. I also think they shift a little smoother then the SouthBends but that might just be me.

Southbend and Valair both have good clutches.. I have dealt with South bend, and they have very great customer service.. Buddy of mine has a Valair DD 3250 sprung hub in his 05 and he loves it... It hooks awesome... Valair has better prices.. I'm getting ready to get a DD Valair in my 12 valve..

You might want to recheck SBC prices, they just went down on the diaphragm types.

Southbend and Valair both have good clutches.. I have dealt with South bend, and they have very great customer service.. Buddy of mine has a Valair DD 3250 sprung hub in his 05 and he loves it... It hooks awesome... Valair has better prices.. I'm getting ready to get a DD Valair in my 12 valve..

Theres a big difference between advertised prices and non-advertised, Im not going to suggest 1 clutch over the other, frankly I've never had anything but SBC, but what I do know is when it comes to price your really splitting hairs depending on the vendor you go with.

Ill stick with SBC......not some knock off brand.

Heck Peter will even let you come in a watch your clutch being built!

On recomended clutches. I prefer the Feramic material. A lot smoother enguagement quieter, but they are a bit more pricey. Oh and look for a plate load around 3600!

Give Peter a call. You won't be disappointed. He will tell you the truth and won't oversell you a clutch.

Yup just give Peter a call he's a straight forward guy that makes a awesome clutch and his customer service is second to none..

Clutch threads are getting like cam threads around here.. No doubt that Southbend makes a hell of a clutch.. No doubt about it, and they have great customer service.. I agree about the advertised price comment, but that goes the same for Valair.. I'm going to save my money and go with Valair this time.. If it does not last, I will get rid of it, and get a south bend..

Clutch threads are getting like cam threads around here.. No doubt that Southbend makes a hell of a clutch.. No doubt about it, and they have great customer service.. I agree about the advertised price comment, but that goes the same for Valair.. I'm going to save my money and go with Valair this time.. If it does not last, I will get rid of it, and get a south bend..

SBC prices have gone down in the past two weeks incase you didnt know

$.02