Best VP44 pump?

ctd8999 said:
Hey Gus, Why didn't you recommend THE MONSTER PUMP ???

Monster Pumps have no real testimony to date.... just promises of great things to come.

JacktheBear3 said:
Monster Pumps have no real testimony to date.... just promises of great things to come.
Jack, Haven't you read any of the great results that Gus has had with the MONSTER PUMP ??

ctd8999 said:
Jack, Haven't you read any of the great results that Gus has had with the MONSTER PUMP ??

What results???? The pumps that nobody has dynoed, or tried at the drag strip? Oh I remember the one where the SOP meter said it runs so great.... SO far these pumps are far from promising. I have a friend who ordered and paid for a stage 2 and stage 3, the stage 2 arrived and was didn't even work. The stage 3 has yet to show. So for now the only results we have are from some guys azz meter who says its awesome.

Jetpilot said:
What results???? So for now the only results we have are from some guys azz meter who says its awesome.
My thoughts exactly, the last guy who wanted dyno numbers was told by Gus to buy one and find out for his self. Thanks Steve B.

I saw 2 dyno @ scheids these were stage 2 pumps with redlines , they made more power with the Redline off , same as the one @ Indy I saw dyno it made the same as with the Redline and all 3 trucks made close to the same power , I dunno what works nn the dyno doesnt always work for the pull track and these truck are set up for pulling so who knows ...

Jetpilot said:
What results???? The pumps that nobody has dynoed, or tried at the drag strip? Oh I remember the one where the SOP meter said it runs so great.... SO far these pumps are far from promising. I have a friend who ordered and paid for a stage 2 and stage 3, the stage 2 arrived and was didn't even work. The stage 3 has yet to show. So for now the only results we have are from some guys azz meter who says its awesome.

But.... if Gus says they're grand... they must be good ? Ain't that right?

As far as the hot rod pumps go. I dynoed at 389hp and 940lbft in my 01 at bullydog with just a hot juice and a hot rod pump. That is a pretty stout number for just a chip if the hot rod doesn't do anything.

smokin92 said:
As far as the hot rod pumps go. I dynoed at 389hp and 940lbft in my 01 at bullydog with just a hot juice and a hot rod pump. That is a pretty stout number for just a chip if the hot rod doesn't do anything.

if your under 500hp is does help.....over 500hp not so much

Graphic Man said:
do you know of any dyno sheets to prove that?

i have heard of a few guys running Scheid's and II HR pumps and don't see much if any after there are above 500 hp

Scott
I have, saw it happen two years ago at Schieds.

Dazed&Confused said:
I have, saw it happen two years ago at Schieds.

I was under the impression the only back to back dyno runs have been on trucks that were near stock...

A truck with a fueling box will not show a noticeable increase in max power by installed a hot rod pump.

Heck, if you really want a Hot Rod pump, I will sell you the one that I just took off of my truck.

It only has 26K miles on it, but needs to be sent back to II to figure out why it quit working.

MKoth said:
I was under the impression the only back to back dyno runs have been on trucks that were near stock...

A truck with a fueling box will not show a noticeable increase in max power by installed a hot rod pump.

The truck I saw this happen on was stock at the time. It gained a little over 100 horsepower. They added a drag comp and tried it again and it only added another 45hp but EGTS were crazy high in no time due to the stock HY.

What is a monster pump?? and you guys knocking the HR pump you are some what right becouse if I could do it again I would go for the P pump conversion and be done with pump problems the HR pump still works well and I know my HP is down a bit I here guys say they get in the 700 HP range with there VP I would like to see the proof there and if it's true what do they have that I don't also I only ran my truck on the dyno one time I didn't play with it yet so Maybe it will change with some adjusting it seems the more I delay fuel with the Dcomp it feels better.

Rods said:
I saw 2 dyno @ scheids these were stage 2 pumps with redlines , they made more power with the Redline off , same as the one @ Indy I saw dyno it made the same as with the Redline and all 3 trucks made close to the same power , I dunno what works nn the dyno doesnt always work for the pull track and these truck are set up for pulling so who knows ...

Hey Rodney which trucks were they and what did they dyno?

bcummins said:
What is a monster pump?? and you guys knocking the HR pump you are some what right becouse if I could do it again I would go for the P pump conversion and be done with pump problems the HR pump still works well and I know my HP is down a bit I here guys say they get in the 700 HP range with there VP I would like to see the proof there and if it's true what do they have that I don't also I only ran my truck on the dyno one time I didn't play with it yet so Maybe it will change with some adjusting it seems the more I delay fuel with the Dcomp it feels better.

What proof would you like? I have a lot of dyno graphs above 700, and one thats over 830 RWHP on my truck with a stock SO pump.

Doug

I think people are confusing the HR pump and the monsterVP. The Monster pump has more internal mods. I have seen one on the pulling track and it just tore the track up. I think the reliability might be an issue, cause the truck ran great 3 or 4 pulls, but has suffered the rest. FYI customer has an II HR pump on his truck and has had zero issues. A second customer had an II pump on his truck, kept setting codes, ran fine, checked fine, II made it right though sent a new pump and zero issues. Over a year ago on both of those pumps.

I made a 699.7 uncorrected with #2 only with an II HRvp44, the trucks an ETH aswell. I replaced the 28 with it and it was a huge diference for me but I could see why there may not be a lot of change compared to a 27.

Boydo said:
I made a 699.7 uncorrected with #2 only with an II HRvp44, the trucks an ETH aswell. I replaced the 28 with it and it was a huge diference for me but I could see why there may not be a lot of change compared to a 27.
exact same effect on me as well. i dynoed 548 on fuel a while back and that was with a stock pump. put the HRVP pump on and it made a huge difference on my truck, but then again , my truck is just a freak lol. i to am ABOVE the 700hp mark

MKoth said:
On #2 only?
no lol thats with spray. alot higher than that now but not on straight diesel.
with my old little turbo and old setup, i did 548 on fuel. i am probably around 600ish to 640ish on fuel and closer to 800 now with spray but wont know for sure till i get her dynoed again very soon with the new setup.