Best way to hang these?

BigB82789

So now that I went and built a box I got a good deal on 700 lbs. of weights. I'd like to just make a bracket and hang them rather than running the box. It's just less of a hassle to sling the just the weights rather than the weights AND a box. How should I hang them? Im thinking of having a steel plate welded on to the tubing coming from under the truck so its flat, than welding angle iron on it so the weights will "lock" in, and then straping them down.

021109_191800.jpg

021109_191802.jpg

I'd just Use reinforced Angle iron for those wieghts. That way they could slide on and off but no fall off durring a pull. One for the top of the wieght and one on the bottom

i agree with angle then take some round stock lay the angle flat out then put round stock on the corner so it all hooks

I think it would be easy to make a rack that looks like a big H when looking from the top with the angle iron facing outward.. Just slide them on from the side and put a strap to close the H and your set!

I'd just Use reinforced Angle iron for those wieghts. That way they could slide on and off but no fall off durring a pull. One for the top of the wieght and one on the bottom

How would I reinforce it besides welding two pieces together?

Back