Big injectors, stock SO VP44?

Rednek Diesel

Certified Rednek
So I'm debating running DDP 200s with a 64mm turbo for air, and was wondering if the stock SO pump will provide enough fuel for them, or would I have to upgrade to an aftermarket pump such as the Monster VP, Industrial's pump, or BD hot pump, etc....

should be ok. will get really hot with that turbo but SO will provide enough fuel for that setup. i ran a silver bullet, mach 7s, and a industrail HRVP and had plenty of fuel. granted i had a HRVP, but it wasnt the monster pump nor their dragon flow pump. you will be just fine, you wont have the air to clean it up any ways.

You don't think an HTT 64/71/14 or a Silver 64 will clear up the 200s? I figured 200s would be to small for a 66, will be running water/meth with it so that will help some on the hot temps.

i dont think you can run to small of a injector really. With my E.D. 66/73/.91 , hrvp, jim jessup tune, and 125s it dd the same as with my 240s i have now. The turbo lites at the same rpm and everthing i just have alot more power.

You will be fine! Thats what I run.....mine cleans up fairly well! Of course my clean up and others clean up can be way different!

I have towed up to 19K easy with the box down! Temps are manageable and I don't have to worry about blackness as long as I am smart with the go pedal!

You will like that combo!

Last edited:
My M5's [200hp] are a perfect match for my BD Super B Special [64/71/14]. I tow 18k# & have no egt issues running Adrenaline/Smarty stack on low settings. It Daily drives like a dream & even holds its own on the sled. I would stay clear of HTT though. They don't back up their products at all if they fail. I bought 5 turbos & a exhaust manifold from them & none were covered by warranty when they failed.

I dont think you can drain the SOVP with less than a +300 stick and high RPMs.
All "hot" VP pumps (other than Monster and Dragon ) fuel the same at max. as the SOVP. a 64/71/14 will handle 200 sticks unless you tow heavy and/or lug with a heavy foot.$.02

i will be installing my mach 5's arp studs and super b special next week

Hmmm, good heads up, I will perhaps look at an Industrial, or maybe a BD super B special.

I dont think you can drain the SOVP with less than a +300 stick and high RPMs.
All "hot" VP pumps (other than Monster and Dragon ) fuel the same at max. as the SOVP. a 64/71/14 will handle 200 sticks unless you tow heavy and/or lug with a heavy foot.$.02

My buddy runs 7x.018 injectors with S475 turbo & he has no problem with his SOvp44 keeping up, even at 4000+rpm. His truck runs too!

Hmmm, good heads up, I will perhaps look at an Industrial, or maybe a BD super B special.

You will be much happier. When my htt 62/71/14 needed rebuilt, HTT quoted me $600 for a rebuild. I called II & they rebuilt it for $300 no questions asked. I've heard great things about Engineered Diesel as well although I've had no personal experience with them. I can't comment on BD Diesel either because I haven't had a failure yet to need to test their warranty.

My buddy runs 7x.018 injectors with S475 turbo & he has no problem with his SOvp44 keeping up, even at 4000+rpm. His truck runs too!

It doesnt run bad.. Just if i could keep the damn drivetrain together!! Oh I also put 618 hp down fuel only.

I would talk to Chris at ED. He is a great guy that will set you up with the perfect turbo for your application....not to mention he will stand behind it.

It doesnt run bad.. Just if i could keep the damn drivetrain together!! Oh I also put 618 hp down fuel only.

I dont like hearing that. What all driveline issues did you have this year. After 40+ hooks on 4hi i think my t-case isnt agreeing with me and sounds like the chain is slipping in 4wd.

Hmm, since this is on subject what about 7x.014's and a 64/71/.80(14)? I don't mind smoking a bit. I actualy prefer it lol. Course least once i get the stacks in i won't be going in people's windows lol.

should be ok. will get really hot with that turbo but SO will provide enough fuel for that setup. i ran a silver bullet, mach 7s, and a industrail HRVP and had plenty of fuel. granted i had a HRVP, but it wasnt the monster pump nor their dragon flow pump. you will be just fine, you wont have the air to clean it up any ways.

Mach 7's (220hp) and an A4000 (63/70) cleans up to a very very light haze. 200's and a 64/71 will have plenty of air.