Big problem with first flash

K80

I just tried to flash the tune that I just took off of the truck (just to licence the truck and software). All was going good until the flash stalled with 4:36. I figured there was a problem the the flash was at 23 minutes! I tried stopping it and it won't. Here's a screenshot. I'm panicing

screenshot.jpg

just start over even if you have to turn the key off. Make sure you have the correct VIN

just start over even if you have to turn the key off. Make sure you have the correct VIN

Yea I did that. Because the airdog continued to cycle. But I still can't exit out of the screen above. Or shut off the computer. It says wait for download/upload to complete.

Yea I did that. Because the airdog continued to cycle. But I still can't exit out of the screen above. Or shut off the computer. It says wait for download/upload to complete.

CTL/ALT/DEL and shut the program down.... you may need to restart your computer, seems it's locked up

This probably sounds really stupid but using ctl/alt/del finally shut the program down. Now I just have to hope for the best and attempt to reflash. Thanks buddy.

you can't really mess up even if something happens midstream. They've done lots of crash tests and it seems you can't hurt it. Just start over if it happens again although it shouldn't.

You also should only have to connect the V2 and open the tune tool to license a truck. You don't have to load a file to do it.

Just connecting the V2 would have been much easier. I did get the flash to complete. Thanks a bunch. Now I just have to update firmware to 8. When i connect to the truck it says I have to update. It's never ending:banghead:

Thats why you always make sure you have everything updated and whatnot before you even start to flash a truck.. Its just a good thing to think about.

Gook luck and hopefully you wont have any more problems!

Just connecting the V2 would have been much easier. I did get the flash to complete. Thanks a bunch. Now I just have to update firmware to 8. When i connect to the truck it says I have to update. It's never ending:banghead:

I felt like that for a week and finally got everything worked out, and the end result is worthy.

I printed the efi for dummies pdf's that rich put together (very helpful) and also have the basic and advanced books from starlite. So I've been doing more reading that tuning. Lol