Big rigs pulling

I know that is what we were able to haul over Maine and Canada was 130k. No b-trains, Up to a 4-axle trailer. The guy Bouchard is one of the sons who own a logging/lumber company up in Quebec so I know where he got his money from. Alot more power in those trucks based on when I was driving. We had 350 Cummins in our Western Star Forest trucks. Got the job done though.

jfaulkner said:
On a side note I would LOVE to see pickups do this.

Diesel Power Challenge, it's not as intense as the big rig run, but they do it. I, too, would like to see more pickups doing it. I'd love to with my own truck personally.

This was also posted on the TDR in the last few weeks. I will copy my post and paste it here as I have been to these pulls quite a few times.

I have been to it many years in a row...its a great weekend. For me its only a 7 hour trip to the north and we actually go to a fishing lodge that same week just 40 minutes from the races.....actually once you get up there they are then call Truck Pulls!!!! My boss (Brian Kurtz Trucking) used to pull with his 68 Kenworth with a transplanted N14 making some HUGE power, unfortuninatly they could never get the power to the ground and kept twisting drive shafts.

The amazing part of the whole weekend and the pull in general is there are no concrete barriers...just a snow fence and its right in town. The party's are amazing, everyone is drinking (no joke but I have seen kids pounding them back up there). Between pulls its not uncomom to see chicks have a T!tty flashing contest from the opposite sides of the street.

For those that have been to diesel Events like IRP and have seen the after party's.....they are absoluty nothing compared to this!!!! Oh, and about the french thing....I would say that half the people there speak english and you don't have to worry about not fitting in.

RyanB

Ryan
Do you have addresses or the name of the town, and dates.

Sounds like it is worth checking into. I wonder how long of a trip it is from MI?

there are a bunch up there all thru the summer but the main was is in Notre-Dam Du-Nord (if you look it up on a map...there are 4 of these towns in Quebec) you want the furthest one north, on the Ontario Border. It is also right beside the Ontario town of New Liskard. It is always on our Civic Long weekend which is the last weekend of July(if the 1st of Aug lands on a monday)or first weekend of Aug. Great times and sure is fun!

Ryan

imcummin said:
I thought this was pretty sick. I hope this hasn't already been posted. How much weight do you think is on those trailers? Count the axles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlELmIC0rWc :rockwoot: :tree: :rockwoot:

Who ever edited this one did a great job even though it is in another language. Love that song too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ira69xZBwM0&feature=related :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

The owner of the truck that really pulls the left wheel high is a member on here ... don't remember his name but he talked about the truck on the other thread concerning these videos ...

So cool! Anyone know what kind of money goes into these hot-rod rigs? If a 5.9 Cummins can triple their output for nearly free, what can these guys do on the cheap? If I had somewhere to put a big-rig I would have a 379 Pete in my driveway!

Blackdog said:
I am from up in central Maine originally and I can tell you Thoase trucks can only gross 130k over the roads. (Least that what it was when I was driving) and that is in Maine and Canada. I have been up there to watch these guys and they are awesome. I was still a greenhorn and couldn't imagine moving the gears that quick. Them guys up in quebec are mostly owner/operater and I would like to know where they get there money from.

I'm from québec all i can say i am a owner operator the guys you can see put a lot of money and are sponsorised by cat cummins and detroit don't know all of them but some are family companies start by father or grand father

steph38 said:
I'm from québec all i can say i am a owner operator the guys you can see put a lot of money and are sponsorised by cat cummins and detroit don't know all of them but some are family companies start by father or grand father

Exactly, Companies up there are old. But, They aren't making as much as they used to compared to when logs were hauled 24 hours around the clock.