big stick dyno #'s

bigorange

hey guys just dynoed with the big stick with ,every thing that's in my sig but the 3850 clutch just didn't have time to get it in , but was very happy with 572hp and est.1382ftlb of torque I saw 11oo egts and 38lbs of boost ,and had the smarty on defalts, but when I got home I check my lift pump and it is shot not sure how long it's been gone but could be way my rail presure been all over the place (i hope) but any way the run was smoke free, just some info for you guys. thanks for a wicked cam zach and geoff :Cheer:

Last edited:
oh and on the highway at 80 mph I get about 18.7mpg and thats up from 16.5mpg and thats my avg. over mountian highway that Idrive 300 miles 2-3 times a month.

Thanks for the update. Good luck getting the fuel system fixed. Give us an update after it gets fixed, if you would. Also, if anybody else has some feedback on cams they have installed feel free to post up.

Zach

I have a 05 CR in my 06 Ford. Hamilton Springs, pushrods and Bigstick.
DDP 90's HTT 62/13ss over a S475, Smarty TNT/R

589/1109 on a single STOCK cp3. More rail PSI coming soon and hopefully better numbers

Got the cam too but I have not tested it to its fullest. Once I get the tranny installed I can turn up the juice cause I am already slipping and shuttering with the smarty on level 3. But I have noticed way lower EGT's, faster spool, more low end grunt, lower boost, and fuel economy hasnt changed. I'll post back once the tranny is in.

zach whats the cost on this drop in billet big stick cam? is this different then the cam i called and got pricing on a few weeks ago?

getting down to the time where i am gonna need to buy my cam soon

theres a CR out there @ 840hp #2 only w/ a bigstick ;-)

Got a few at 1000hp. We don't have the luxury of custom smarty tunes. I think those might yield some more. We are starting Dyno testing on two new lines of cams as we speak one for p-pump competition(high RPM), and one for competition on CR engines that will only go to 4k. If anybody in diesel land is into classic British cafe racers. I am doing testing on a new line of cams to get them closer to the import bikes.

Zach

zach whats the cost on this drop in billet big stick cam? is this different then the cam i called and got pricing on a few weeks ago?

getting down to the time where i am gonna need to buy my cam soon

Is this actually a billet steel, or just a new cast one?

any improvement in mpg?
i used to get 20 mpg papering it that was with 265 cooper stt , now i run procomp muds in the 305/70/16 on 10" rims i think these hurt it bad i now get 17.8 hand caluculated my only change since getting 20 was the wheels and tires cam mack plug and a little more timing 18deg and a gorend trans

I've got a big stick grind cam here that I am not going to use. Is there a way to be sure that it is for a 24 valve and not a 12v by using a micrometer? I can also put it on v-blocks and check lift on the lobe. I just want to be sure it is what I say when i put it up for sale.

Back