big stick dyno #'s

what kind of cams do yall got for more towing applications,ill be runnin a super phat shaft 62/71/14 turbo and 6x18 sticks in a first gen and was wondering what yall got to help with air,power and alot more low end?

Zach, got to dyno the truck last weekend and made 676/1445 with the smarty alone on TNT number 7. Thanks again for setting me up. Also, I was going to ask if you could install a set of rocker arms that dont have the plastic tips, stock ratio unless you think it would be better otherwise. Let me know, this is Matt in Midland by the way...

Good numbers for such small chargers Matt. I'm glad we finally got you fixed up. I will try to locate a set for you in our bucket o rockers. Those are getting rare. Call the shop tomorrow and I will get the boys to get you a complete set if I have them.

Zach Hamilton

About 52psi or so. I didnt watch it on every run since we werent allowed to operate our own vehicles.

I will post my dyno results after this weekend, but I am AMAZED at how easy it is to drive smoke free. I have a pretty big 12mm pump with gutted AFC, big injectors, and a S465 thats no hx35 in the spool department and last night was the first time I took it out for a somewhat long drive. I can easily drive through town and never show a hint of black smoke. white haze is there when the motor is not up to 190 yet, but i can go all the way to 6th gear and get out on the highway doing 65 and you wouldn't know my truck has anything done to it. I do find myself running my gears out from 1800-3800rpms to stay up in the boost longer. Heck i looked down at one point, I was at 2000rpms in 4th gear, and I had 20psi from the S465 at 1/4 throttle. I cant compare to the stock cam as this whole set-up is new...but im amazed at the airflow I am getting.

I have more trouble driving around the touchyness of the governor springs than trying to be smoke free. I will get some video of it this weekend. I have to go over half throttle and really get in the fuel to make it smoke. I did a 5th gear pull from 50-90+ last night and the truck only makes a max of about 45psi and it plain out scoots. Cant wait to hook to a sled.

Thats great! I have seen some trucks with the 181/210 pull till almost 4500. The rpm range is dependant partly on the cam, even more important is head flow, fuel pump timing/setup, and of course charger choice. Do you know what your drive pressure is at 45psi? Did you get our new springs as well?

i've had your 110's since last year when i ran the redline on my truck. no drive pressure readings yet, gonna see if brett at TNT still has the gauge that i can stick on there while its on the dyno this weekend.

made 631/1200+ on the dyno this weekend.

power peaked at 2800rpms. this was with an S465 turbo, most would call it laggy but it spools very well with the help of the cam and has great area under the curve. i still have a stock head so its lacking in the airflow department so power slowly comes down after it peaks, but i am 100% happy with the way it performs now.

276980.jpg

conrats TJ!

what were you numbers before? what all did you change to get these besides ppump?

last year i did 562/1061, but was only making about 100/200tq at 4k rpms.

i changed to the p-pump, S465, and big stick cam this year.

Does anybody have comparison dyno sheets changing nothing other than the cams? bigstick vs. others preferably