Big Thanks to ZACH

06 Smkn Ghost!!

always upgrading
Thank you zach for the 181/210 cam you sent me about 8mnths ago along w/ a cam gear to speed up my swap from the stock cam. I was running 1800 deg egt on the stock cam and when i swaped i gained more low to mid range power and top end at a quarter mile i was at 1620deg. egt. :charger:

droping egtemps was my main goal even if it were only 20deg then to my supprise i droped 180 deg. dont know if that is typical or above/below average... just know thats what the egt gauge read. so is this typical Zach?

I do alot of towing in my construction business and figured with zachs help that this cam may have been the more appropriate choice. You must have been right Zach cause i dont have even one complaint about your cam.

zach is a great honest guy to deal with and very knowledgable and will go out of his way to ensure your getting what you need. :thankyou2:

Thanks,
Ernie

I can't wait to put my engine together and see what his 188 does.

I am glad you like the cam. It sounds like you need to upgrade your large turbo to get a little more air in there and cool it a bit more. Another possibility is a little head work. How much boost are you running? Most people see 100-300 degrees egt reduction so you are right in line. Give us a shout sometime and I will see what I can do to help you out with your combo more. Thanks for your business.

Diehard, I think you will like the 188!

Last edited:
I am glad you like the cam. It sounds like you need to upgrade your large turbo to get a little more air in there and cool it a bit more. Another possibility is a little head work. How much boost are you running?

ya i could use head work im just not sure what work zach, just not sure how far to take it to not spend un-needed work for my set up as a daily driver. what do you suggest?

as for the turbo if i can sell my 2/3 set up i entend to put the s475 w/this 62/65/14 so far i understand that would be the best match and i will get much better exhaust flow... Always open to suggestions.

fully fueled aprox 75-80# boost i have a 1:1 ratio or better up to 60# then it creeps up 30 # more drive than boost at 75# total boost at intake mannifold.

maybe go for the 475 and then modify the exhaust ports in your turbo for a little bit extra flow. You could also do a HTT 13cm stainless housing that has the larger gates. That would be all that I would do and should get you to where you want to be on a budget. Of course with a $19 grinder a $15 carbide burr, a head gasket and a weekend you could have a ported head!

maybe go for the 475 and then modify the exhaust ports in your turbo for a little bit extra flow. You could also do a HTT 13cm stainless housing that has the larger gates. That would be all that I would do and should get you to where you want to be on a budget. Of course with a $19 grinder a $15 carbide burr, a head gasket and a weekend you could have a ported head!

LMAO! ya my luck i would port my head and end up grinding a bit much and get into a water jacket. cant say im on that much of a budget but more of a time restraint. i dont normaly get a weekend to myself lol

on the turbo note... i could manage that. as far as having larger waste gate... i did see some company has wastegate extender plates where i assume it alows the gate to open further (fact/fiction) as to its functionality?