big turbo for twins w/ super b

whitehoopty

in need of some more top end. i was gonna do the r 700's but its a bit outa my price range. i heard an s475 would work well but i was wondering if the super b would run good with an s480. its a street/strip truck.any advise would be great.

The special? Or the super single/s300g?

With the special (64/71-14) an s480 would be a good match.
But something smaller like a k31, s471, or s475 would be a better match for the little super single s300g

yes it is the super b. not the special. i was wondering if i could get the top end air outa the 480.

Sometimes less is more. With the B, you'll be better off with the s475 IMO.

i did a set for a guy around here with a S300g (57mm) over S471/83/1.25 T6. he made over 600hp and drives it everyday. truck runs low 12's. spool up is great to boot.

ya i think im gonna end up going with the s475. im looking to be in the 11's eventually. thanks guys.

11s? go big, you'll run out of air with the 475 i would think.

Where would a guy start looking for a 475 or comparable turbo for this twin setup. I have a b too and would like to build my own twin setup.

11s? go big, you'll run out of air with the 475 i would think.

I think the little s300g and its tight compressor housing would become a significant restriction with anything larger than an s475 pushing through it. If he wants 11s he should be looking at two new turbos, like a s364 over an s480

Where would a guy start looking for a 475 or comparable turbo for this twin setup. I have a b too and would like to build my own twin setup.

Pretty much anywhere that sells turbos
Ebay, site sponsors, Source Automotive Performance Diesel, City Diesel - , II High Tech Turbo dallas majestic turbo Diesel-plus.com the list goes on

The S471 is enough turbo for 11's on a common rail, I don't see why an S475 would have an issue running in the 11's.

i did a set for a guy around here with a S300g (57mm) over S471/83/1.25 T6. he made over 600hp and drives it everyday. truck runs low 12's. spool up is great to boot.
Thats what Im going to run, w/ mine 62/65/14
The 1.10 and the small turbine wheel works really well, we have upgraded several BD sets with that, and some better piping.

I agree I had the upgrade from BD and went with 75 w/ a 1.32 a/r, then swapped it to a 1.10 much better IMO.

I cant understand why people want these stupid big turbo's are the time, IMO if you can get something to spool good and still make a cool 600-650hp, you have an awsome setup. Turbos w/ diesel's remind me a lot of gasser guys and camshafts, bigger aint better.

so know one has ran 11's with an s475? i find that hard to believe.

I can only imagine quite a few people have, you can make almost 800hp w/ one in the proper setup, which is plenty for mid 11's.

Back