Biggest common complaints about your Dodge

Is... is... is there anything wrong with tucking in a big garrett every night??

brandon.

joefarmer said:
Is... is... is there anything wrong with tucking in a big garrett every night??

brandon.
:hehe: :hehe: It depends upon who is wearing the nitie.....:hehe:

:rules:

I would say my biggest complaint is my oil leaks. But other than that its not bad for truck with 180k on it.

jambbii said:
I would say my biggest complaint is my oil leaks. But other than that its not bad for truck with 180k on it.
It's just sweating horsepower... or marking it's territory.

brnaodn.

02 Quad ETH

Vacuum pump seals

Crappy steering gear (Gots me an 06 steering gear in the garage)

Other then adding the stuff they deleted from 01, its a great truck. I couldn't be happier.

RD, whats wrong with the converter?

94-97 cup holders. I just save time when I get in the truck and pour the drink directly in my lap!:hehe:

I'm with you on the cup holders. The day I traded my Superduty on my Ram I poured a 32oz Dr Pepper all over my wife while making a turn. The Superduty cup holders were awsome (although two diffrent sizes) but the ones in my 97 aren't so great.

How's that for Ford braggin rights, they have good cup holders:chug: :hehe:

Timbeaux38 said:
Justin, 06 gear? is it tighter?

Much tighter. Virtually no side to side play in the out put. Much tighter feel to it overall.

That link that was posted leading to the NWBombers site explains how you can take the newer style steering gear and retro it to our second gen trucks.

I drove my buddies mega cab with a tuff (crap) country lift and and some Toyo MT's and it drove better then my wifes new Yukon.

gstanfield said:
I'm with you on the cup holders. The day I traded my Superduty on my Ram I poured a 32oz Dr Pepper all over my wife while making a turn. The Superduty cup holders were awsome (although two diffrent sizes) but the ones in my 97 aren't so great.

How's that for Ford braggin rights, they have good cup holders:chug: :hehe:

Two words

Cup Smoothie

I am not sure how I lived without it.

That and the fumato drain valve, and the remote oil filter kit are hands down the most appreciated mods I have done!

justinp20012500 said:
RD, whats wrong with the converter?

The stock one just plain sucks period. I'll bet that a brand new unit is only in the mid 70's for efficency....

I solved my converter issues by dealing with :bow: Suncoast Transmissions. After starting with their Pro Loc Single Disc, then to their Pro Loc Triple Disc, Joe (R.I.P. brother) and I ended up going with their 'Developmental' 5-Disc Pro Loc Converter- there were only 3 others like this converter out his doors yet, mine was #4. And what a converter it turned out to be!!!! :bow: :woohoo:

IMHO firmly the first upgrade should go into your transmission. Dodge knew that the Cummins power would hurt their trannys so they softened the hit by giving us these inefficient converters......$.02

:snoop: