Billet duramax block and heads

DIESEL_POWER

NGM Diesel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many guys here would be intereted in a billet alumium block or billet heads?

Cost would be $8500 for the block and $8500 for a set of heads...

Everything would bolt up as factory would

weight is 150lbs lighter block and 4 lbs lighter head each

Biggest bore possible with this configuration would be 4.400 and stroke would be close to 4.500

Trying to see the interest. Together we can bring the price down.
time frame is 4-6 months, i want one for my race truck one day!LOL

lets discuss the options wanted.

Last edited:
i talked to several companies about making me one for my truck and they all said the same thing, if you get more made the price will come down.

LSM was one and there material (cast plate)is not that good and it's imported

Are you at the point where you need a billet block and heads?

T lol

Since when is this sport about what we NEED? Vs. what you Want!!!

I NEEDED to stop a Long time ago!! But I Wanted to continue!! LOL

Hind site being 20/20 of course!! lol

^^^^^^^Heard that brotha!!! I was just poking fun.... David if you ever stopped now I think I'd just be sad.

What are the flow #s gonna be on these heads that are twice the cost of most others top of the line best performing modded stock heads?!?!

Block sounds like it would be worth it the Heads IDK seeing how a good port job and they are already aluminum. It would really only be for drag racing cause the Sled pullers. Want that weight Im not to sure on how the strength would hold up. the LML block's are supposed to be stronger extra 30 pounds of material.

What are the flow #s gonna be on these heads that are twice the cost of most others top of the line best performing modded stock heads?!?!

the exhaust side will be about 25% better than the best ported version availible

the intake were hopeing to get both ports straigh and pick up about 40-45% on the intake, but thats just verble and computer modleing, things have to happen in reality first, so thats why i wanted to see the intrest in this so i could get prices down, and get one built.

Last edited:
Block sounds like it would be worth it the Heads IDK seeing how a good port job and they are already aluminum. It would really only be for drag racing cause the Sled pullers. Want that weight Im not to sure on how the strength would hold up. the LML block's are supposed to be stronger extra 30 pounds of material.

the best stock heads ported will be around 300cfm, these heads when done SHOULD flow about 400cfm, also your limited to valve train on the stocker, im going to make to where you have more options..

As for street or stip, yes it's mailny for racers, but im going to try and make it to where all bolts up the same. so if someone wanted to they could use it for there personal ride.

on the block it will be solid no water, and if the material is made and treated right it will handle more stress than cast iron easily, but in reality if a top fuel car runs it, so can we...but again it's not just the strength or the weight, but also the ability to usetilize a 4.400 bore and a 4.500 stroke........cant do that with the stock casting and live.

so you are wanting to build a basically square motor (bore = stroke). tractor pullers been doing it for years, helps get the rpms through the roof

You're borderline pimping parts...and you're not a vendor.
Watch your ass Wade...you're barely here as it is.

i dont have these parts to sell, i just want to get folks interested so the price will go down. Cause i want one... Sorry, i have nothing to gain here. i have no problem with the thread being deleted.. i wont post in this thread again, im done!

Sorry if this was considered pimping parts, was not my intention.

If hes not profiting off of these whats the problem? Why cant there be discussions about the idea. Im a farmer from Indiana, so help me understand what the hell "pimping parts" means?