Black Chrome stacks ??????

Graphic Man

anyone know where i can find a set of 6" mitres in Black Chrome ??

i have a kit that i am going to install in the spring and was looking for black chrome

Thanks
Scott

GM, I think you mighta asked this before. I have a set being plated right now, when they get back I will report on how they turn out... What they do from the heat, and I will put some PICS up so you can see them.

They are NOT BLACK, but called SMoked Chrome.... they will look just like the "GunMetal" bezels on the optix series gauges. Shine like chrome, deep reflection like chrome, just a smoked finish that will look Black at night and Dark Grey in sunlight....

If I knew this was gonna work out, I'd be pricing you. I can't tell you that the project will even make it a week.

I coulda swore that Silverline had the Black Chrome.... or is it Black Stainless Steel. I don't peddle any silverline stuff so I really do not know.

Sorry no definate answer.... at least you know your being heard.

W

Thanks .....i will wait to see on how yours turn out

Silverline has black stainless but only in 5"

Thanks
Scott

Oh... I see, I am using the 6" ones as a test, and if they work out I got lots of ideas.

We'll keep ya posted.

Can't believe Grand Rock hasn't jumped on this. I want to see the pics too.

I went to have a set of stacks plated in Black Chrome 4 years ago and the guy who does them said that the clear coating that goes on last wouldn't hold up to the heat. Perhaps the technology has changed in four years.

BBD

mech2161 said:
Can't believe Grand Rock hasn't jumped on this. I want to see the pics too.

trust me, if this works they will.... Grand Rock are good people, and the process has never met their standards. If I can put 1600 to them and it don't fad, peel, discolor, etc.... Bill & Josh will get all over this.

I am doing it because I have too many people asking.... I can't say it's gonna work but this plater has been successfull (he claims) in other high heat applications with this process. He also gets lots of stuff from the Slant eyed countries to plate because they can't.... Hows's that for America?

I say we start taking charge again.

I had my stack powder coated gloss black a few months ago and it still nice and glossy....only cost me $25.
I know its not black chrome like you said but it is another option if you want black.

JacktheBear3 said:
I coulda swore that Silverline had the Black Chrome.... or is it Black Stainless Steel. I don't peddle any silverline stuff so I really do not know.
I bought the Silverline Black stainless 4" mitre and was disappointed to say the least. They told me it looked just like their black chrome tips and when I opened the box it could be classified as a lightly smoked chrome at best. I'm going to have mine powder coated.

Attachments

• img9224bh7 (2).jpg
    img9224bh7 (2).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 140
  • img9200vg9.jpg
    img9200vg9.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 110
SSpeeDEMONSS said:
lets see a pic.

Garrett

here you go....
DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

man now that I look at the pic this was a few months ago and it has a couple months of soot on it already so It must have been 4-5 months since I powder coated it.

Last edited:
thanks guys.....

his name is Bruce Mann and his phone number is 805-720-6980.
he makes them in all sizes....

That black powdercoat looks sweet!! I have been looking for black chrome stacks to no avail. The powdercoat should hold up nice!!