Black Chrome stacks ??????

53 willys said:
here you go....
DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

man now that I look at the pic this was a few months ago and it has a couple months of soot on it already so It must have been 4-5 months since I powder coated it.

That has got to be the cleanes single stack install Ive ever seen. Looks BAD ASS man!!

Dang that is freakin sweet. I'm definitely going to look into that. I've wanted black stacks since I got the truck. That really looks great!!!

53 willys said:
here you go....
DSC_0604.jpg

Wow thanks for the complements guys I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.......I was planing on mounting the clamp as low as possible...I got the bolt spacing from Bruce drilled the holes for the temporary clamp while my 7" staxx clamp was being made...(only wanted to drill 2 holes in the bed)well when I got the Staxx clamp from Bruce I flipped..it looked so nice I had to raise it up to level with the bed side..and drill two more holes..lol
here is my 7" next to a 5".....
Staxxclamp.jpg

Here is one we did custom-black chrome powdercoat with gloss black y pipe.

We did the insides with high temp ceramic to protect the outsides.

Attachments

• stacks.JPG
    stacks.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 80
53willys, what is the stuff around the hole in the bed where the pipe comes through?

setup looks good!

C-ya

Pull 4.jpeg

I thought i had some better pics? We don't use any clamps in the bed, we use a steel plate with a 5" hole in it welded to the pipe coming through the bed, then bolt the plate to the bed floor. I used that plasticoat 1500F header paint and baked in a oven at like 600 deg for an hour, I think our industrial oven was a little hot because black would wipe off the stack, and it started to rust after a couple months. I am trying powder coat next.

SmokeShow said:
53willys, what is the stuff around the hole in the bed where the pipe comes through?

setup looks good!

C-ya
\\It's just some automotive trim like what you buy at the parts store. I bought a roll for another project and tried it on the stack hole.....it held for a while...but since has melted...I would try Mcmastercarr.com they have tons of trim/weather strip that would work great....if you stack hole is bigger then mine or farther away from the stack it would probably work...I just cut my hole real small on purpose.

i know member jackthebear3 is working on a black chrome stack, havent seen the pics yet