Black plastic on rocker arm???

It simply retains the cup that contacts the valve bridge. If it fell off or broke you need another rocker.

Do you have any rockers Lee?? What will happen if run this way? Just curious as to what the purpose of this piece is?

if the plastic piece broke off you can have the tip come loose and off causing the valve to not open at all and be floating around in the valve area.

if the plastic piece broke off you can have the tip come loose and off causing the valve to not open at all and be floating around in the valve area.

Thats what I was looking for!! Thank you sir. No I need to find me a couple of rockers.

I believe 06diesel has a set of all metal tip rockers for sale. I just sold the set I had.

When you say metal tip, what are you refering to???

Not all year models had the plastic retainers you are asking about. Some have metal in place of the plastic. Not sure when they went to plastic. My 01 and 05 are plastic. My 98 was metal and several of the 6.7's I have messed with have gone back to metal

Sent from Razr Maxx

The only rockers I have are with plastic, however I do have a complete set I'd sell.

It will run just fine without it. The only purpose they serve is to keep the cup attached to the rocker if you remove it.

Just thinking out loud but with the plastic removed will that create any extra valve train noise with that they are slapping around from 2 different places now?

Yes it will run just fine without them. If you have enough clearance for them to fall out, then you have some serious issues.