Black Smoke Diesel Club Dyno Day

I know the allison tranny's (pretty sure its the allison's) can adjust shift patterns slightly to compensate for driving habits but its definitely not going to rob you of any power.

I've watched people chance Smarty programs while strapped down. It worked just fine.

It's not just the Allison. I don't mean that they will cause you to lose power, but some have the ability to tweak parameters on their own.

Yep Nasty is right. I can tell a small difference, but not alot. Its still hard to believe he only added 8 horses.

Actually it's very easy to believe. If he was draining the rail on the lower settings, turning it up will either have little to no effect or lose power.

I can understand the ecm tweaking a little but not enough to cause that big of a difference.

And nasty is right. If he's draining the rail its gonna hurt his power.

twin cp3's ,lift pump, turbos did not light. the highest boost i got was 55 with the tst, and with the stack it was only 45. the dyno was only set for a 27% load on the trucks from what i was told, but this is the first time i have been on a load dyno. dynoed 637 at Dr.performance last year.

Dr. P dyno FTW!

I don't know why everyone always has problems getting their turbo's to light, mine always do and I have what some would consider a large set of twins.

I'm sorry but those are the only two dynos I've been on. I'm not upset about the numbers or how it was done. I will try to do better some other time, until then it is what it is. I will give a short run down on the truck -twin cp3's,twin turbos,fass lift pump,head studs,injectors,sbdd clutch,tst box, edge pressure box, that is basically it . Hope some day to learn how to set it up, until then I'll go by what i know, which is not much apparently

You've got the tst, edge ez (I'm assuming), and smarty? That's an awful lot of parts to get dialed in. What size injectors and twin turbos? Give us some more info and we can probably help you get it dialed in better.

don't run the smarty most of the time. ddp 120 inj. old ats 2000 and 5000 set at 65 psi on the street, and yes it is the ez. and will listen and take all the corrective criticism and help i can get

What software on the Smarty? I would start with the Smarty alone then add the others slowly on each run, get it dialed in.

it is a new smarty , does not have the race version. tried running just smarty on level 8 made (508) ,boost 45 psi ,egt 950 , second run ran smarty with tst on 0-2 , same boost and 1050 egt, little less power. checked rail pressure with tst and it stays steady at full throttle.

it is a new smarty , does not have the race version. tried running just smarty on level 8 made (508) ,boost 45 psi ,egt 950 , second run ran smarty with tst on 0-2 , same boost and 1050 egt, little less power. checked rail pressure with tst and it stays steady at full throttle.

Back