block O-ringing

I heard , people using MIG welding wire in their O-rings.

Its calibrated (0.8, 11.0 or 1.2 mm) , softer than stainless steel wire but harder than normal steel wire.

What you guy's think about it?

joeservo said:
why doesn't anyone mention timing when discussing o-ring vs fire ring. I think the timing adds more cylinder pressure than a 60psi turbo.
Good point. Mine holds 32* of timing, 60psi of boost and 120psi drive pressure with o-rings in the block.

Cut it .027 ,that will leave you .015 protrusion.
You can use any wire you want ,mild steel ss steel or copper.Back in the day when thats all there was unless you took your block to a machine shop to have it cut,the Isky tool held to 70 lbs. time after time after time.Then I had the bright idea of buying this gasser water injection system {that everybody thinks is so great nowdays} and started experimenting with alcohol. Needless to say I started acumilating a pile of head gaskets.
In my humble opinion o- ringing is fine up to around 650 hp.

Ok, I have now the o-ring cutting information and I will start practice whit old V8. Spesial thanks to CC12V and all to you as well.
I will take some pictures when Im make o-rings in my cummins :evil

Well 8 sylinder practice has done and I think its time to go and o-ringed my cummins engine.

O-ringing is done and looks good. :rockwoot:
:thankyou2: at all the help and dips