Block Strength

Deckplate isn't the only option. 6.4 is also an option(short sleeve 6.7). We will be building a few sleeved 6.7s this winter as well as a few deckplate builds. 6.4 would be the cheaper of the 2 options, but the deckplate offers a better rod ratio, more dwell time on the piston, as well as a few other longevity advantages. But I still think a short rod engine will have the higher tq potential.

Yea, I have thought about that as well. I'm not really worried about making maximum torque. The opposite really. I've done everything I can with this engine to make big power at high RPM's, low boost, and retain streetabilty. I might try to get something together for next year and build a deck plate as funding allows.

One hell of a run with that set up john! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Thanks Max. It should be pretty wild. Probably not as streetable though LOL

Sad to see this. I was hoping to meet you and the truck in Texas finally.

Thanks, I'll be in Texas. Just without the truck.

For what it is worth; with the power level you are at and with wanting to keep the block wet Eric Staab/No Limit mfg would be on my short list of builders to contact and/or consider as well. He is doing a lot with sleeving tech, is building some really nice products, & has some solid ideas on keeping a block together. Impressed me anyhow.

I'll give him a call. Thanks for the input.

1500 isn't competitive in super street? What are pro street trucks making? Or are they just lighter with better traction?

I'd venture to say the SS trucks as a whole are making the most power(in drag racing) right now. With quite a few tickling the 8's all at at least 6000lbs they are making serious power. My truck is quite a bit heavier than the rest of the field so I needed to up the power to be competitive in Texas. Weight reduction was on the list for this winter but I guess I'll add building another engine to that list as well.LOL