block strengthener cracked 53 block

Dgeman

Pro from LCP
The block in my dually is cracked bad the crack goes the entire length of the block. I have to drive this thing a little while longer till my other engine is built. My question is has anyone made their own block strengthener plates like the ones lock-n-stitch sells? I think that may be a decent solution. If you made any kind of plate or strenghtener let me know or put some pictures up of it.

The block in my dually is cracked bad the crack goes the entire length of the block. I have to drive this thing a little while longer till my other engine is built. My question is has anyone made their own block strengthener plates like the ones lock-n-stitch sells? I think that may be a decent solution. If you made any kind of plate or strenghtener let me know or put some pictures up of it.
There was a good thread on cf by ptracy. He used some kind of marine expoxy plus a strengther.

Have you tried googling cracked 53 block fixes, probably get a bunch of examples.

I found a plate someone made on CF. Think I may just do that he claimed to get another 12k out of it before it leaked again. If anyone has anything post it up anyway I'm still undecided what to do.

google devcon, plastic steel putty

THIS!, marine tex also works really well, I fixed a continental block in an old forklift with marine tex. The corner broke off from a big filter that was hanging on the side of the block. Marine texed it and sanded it down til it was even with a straight edge. I still use it today. I also used it to fix a few rotted 7.3 oil pans on vans. Its amazing!