?Blow off valves?

like i said it works very well so long as your under power drive pressure isnt too much more tha nboost cuz then drive pressure over runs the spring n opens the valve

i have the switch all wired i just have to weld the fitting on for the valve and i will know if it works

This is exactly how a turbo-guard operates...tps voltage drop...you could just buy one or maybe call BD and see if you can talk to one of their engineers or techs, however I doubt they will share much on how to build one yourself. It does utilize an electronic solenoid valve too...which is controlled via a little computer box with four adjustments for apps, pulse, time and reapply.

-Alex

well then how come nobody has released one for the 6oh yet, or did i just not see it when i was looking ??

i know they have one for the dmax, so it can obviously be made for our trucks right ??
if you know of one for the PSD please tell me who/how much...

Have you tried that setup? I'm guessing their is a quick spike in drive pressure when you chop the throttle? I'm gonna have to go watch my gauges and see this in action!

quite the opposite i would assume.. when you chop the throttle you would most likely see a rapid drop in drive pressure (exhaust back pressure), the spike would be seen in your "boost pressure" instead..

unless of course when your turbo 'surges' and the wheel backspins, but by then the exhaust flow is nill, so either way i doubt you would ever see a spike in the EBP

or you can get a dual chamber bov and plug drive pressure into bottom side and boost on the top side

So when your boost drops, drive pressure opens the BOV

It works exceptionally well unless your drive pressure under boost are on the order of 15-20+ more than your boost is

KISS lol
who needs electronix
KTA came up with this one

but wouldn't the drive pressure fall rapidly also when you chop the throttle ?? and for that matter, wouldnt the "spike" from the compressor surge (intake plumbing" actually be at a higher pressure than the drive pressure at that point in time ???, i could see if you switched them around so that during boost, the drive pressure and boost pressure where both holding the valve closed, but when you chopped the throttle the boost pressure would overcome the drive pressure and open the little bugger.. ??

Thats exactly what my truck does. The drive pressure falls faster than the boost pressure. I have both my drive and boost mounted next to each other so I can watch it closely. Any advice Seeker1056, doesn't seem like it would work like you describe, have you tried it?

well then how come nobody has released one for the 6oh yet, or did i just not see it when i was looking ??

i know they have one for the dmax, so it can obviously be made for our trucks right ??
if you know of one for the PSD please tell me who/how much...

Well, I found something awhile back that might be of interest for you. When I was installing my turbo-guard I printed the directions off of the internet because I bought mine used. Here is the interesting part...In the directions there is a section for cummins, duramax, and yep you guessed it ford too both 7.3 and 6.0. Who knows why they dont advertise it, but they have instructions to install it!!! Now as far as which one you would order, I have no clue. You would have to call BD and find out if in fact one of their kits listed to work with the other trucks would work for yours. I have been talking back and forth with one of their reps the last week or so and I can get his number for you if you want. Also here is the link to the "general instructions" so you can check it out for yourself...
http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/10P
Click download manual....it should be in there unless they have changed it since I last printed it out.
Hope this helps...let me know if you want that reps number.
-Alex

Has anyone made their own setup? I would like to put a BOV on my 97 dodge, but dont really wanna dump $650 for the turbo guard. Thanks, Travis

my drive pressure was way too high runnin thru a hx35 so no it dint work at all
However KTA has his workin - and he is the oen came up with the original install so ask him - i am sure he would love to talk about it

Thats exactly what my truck does. The drive pressure falls faster than the boost pressure. I have both my drive and boost mounted next to each other so I can watch it closely. Any advice Seeker1056, doesn't seem like it would work like you describe, have you tried it?

i have actually been wanting to hook up some sort of gauge to monitor drive pressure, but i wasn't sure if anyone made them or knew what to use that would hold up to the heat...
i was thinking of a "manifold pressure" gauge from isspro or something, but was concerned because i thought the high egt temps would be too much..

what gauge are you using to monitor drive pressure ?

Well, I found something awhile back that might be of interest for you. When I was installing my turbo-guard I printed the directions off of the internet because I bought mine used. Here is the interesting part...In the directions there is a section for cummins, duramax, and yep you guessed it ford too both 7.3 and 6.0. Who knows why they dont advertise it, but they have instructions to install it!!! Now as far as which one you would order, I have no clue. You would have to call BD and find out if in fact one of their kits listed to work with the other trucks would work for yours. I have been talking back and forth with one of their reps the last week or so and I can get his number for you if you want. Also here is the link to the "general instructions" so you can check it out for yourself...
http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/10P
Click download manual....it should be in there unless they have changed it since I last printed it out.
Hope this helps...let me know if you want that reps number.
-Alex

yes i'm most definitely interested please PM his info if you would..
thank you very much..

Just a normal boost pressure gauge is fine. But you need to run your first few feet of line in wound up copper tubing, this acts as a heat sink. After the copper you can switch to normal plastic line and all is well. I think I have a pic of mine I'll try to post it up.

Look to the left of my wastegate and you will see the coiled up copper tubing

IMAGE_160.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have a built LS (B18B1) in a lightweight EG hatchback, but I sold it a few years back. I have had that screen name for a long time so I figured I would just keep it. You are one of the few who actually knows what my screen name is!

I used to have a built LS (B18B1) in a lightweight EG hatchback, but I sold it a few years back. I have had that screen name for a long time so I figured I would just keep it. You are one of the few who actually knows what my screen name is!

i have built more B series motor than i know what to do with ! ! !
all flavors, and n/a or turbo too..
just put a b20 in my buddy's 95LS/ all stock w/a little bit of spray..runs good for a daily driver w/no mods.. 13.4 et and al it has is an air filter, running stock exhaust manifold and everything..