Blown uppipe.

03BlackWidow

Who all has blown an uppipe and what did the truck do? All of a sudden my truck is only making about 30lbs of boost and then you hear a strange sound like a wastegate open/closing super fast. the truck wont hit 50lbs like before but you only hear the noise under very heavy throttle and over 25lbs.

I have a spare set here just wondering if thats it.

hmm..blown up pipe at the cooler delete..the flex section below is the weak link..when the blow its normally a hissinging or whistle type sound.. thats what mine sounded like when it cracked..still made boost and power..just had that horrible noise..pope the hood..rev it up and see if smoke comes up from under the hood..

mine had a whistling sound only under load. but you can see in some of my pics where there is smoke coming out from under the front of the truck. and when its really cold out and takes forever to start, A LOT of white smoke comes out from under the hood. when i took mine off it wasnt blown up like others but it was cracked on the Y-pipe, not the up-pipe. you can see the soot on it. so i replaced it. good luck and do as abrannan said.

Garrett

I cant see it but it sounds like its on the driverside kinda low. Its getting worse I just have to find somewhere to fix it.

I help Tank change his up pipe. He had a loud whistle under pressure. He broke both passenger and driver side flex section.

my drivers side broke, smoked inside the cab, slow building boost, and made a hissing noise in the cab.But is still built the boost which is pry why I blew one of my turbos, trying to make full boost while losing pressure im sure it was overspinning.

How do you pope the hood ??

Maybe He had to Go take a POP-E when he was writing that. He was not thinking right.:hehe: We need a spell check on the site, but that would take some of the fun out of :poke: each other. Later SickFord

Back