Bod nozzle install gone bad!!!!!!!!!!!

Neodieselperf

My truck has been in the shop for 2 weeks now I had a set of bod nozzles put on it put it back together fired up and it had a miss in it pulled it back apart to make sure everything was right and #1 nozzle wasn't on right I guess I don't do the nozzles not my strong point so we fixed that put the injectors back in all back together wouldn't start the return line on the back of the head was leaking fixed that fired up again still a miss borrowed a genisus.scanner ran a kill test and #1 still not hitting a lick pulled it back apart the little stud on top was broke my buddy rigged it to where it would work supposedly and ran it all back together fired it back up and once again it was missing so pulled it back apart put a new injector in and now I've checked everything 5x's made sure all the connecting tubes were seated right and flare nuts torqued down checked everything on the rail to make sure there was no leaks or anything and now it will not fire a lick no codes besides cc pressure sensor low it's an 08 2500 with twin turbos and a blackmaxx airdog and headstuds and a stg 2 cp3

and now it will not fire a lick no codes besides cc pressure sensor low

So.... What was your question?

My Guess is he is wondering why his truck will not run now.

Did you pull all of the injectors out this last time, or just the number one injector? Not sure which sensor the code is referring to (CC Sensor?), but it seems like its not building enough rail pressure to fire the injectors. You may want to recheck the cross over tube one last time just to be sure. Never hurts to check. Nothing else you may need to send teh injectors to a good injection shop that can thoroughly check CR injectors to be sure none of them are bleeding off.

hmm... thats interesting. Never heard of a crank case pressure sensor. Then again I've not messed with the 6.7 CR's much either.

Kino.... Im helpin him on this project as its in my shop, when the injectors were pulled they didnt get numbered so wed know what cylinder they should be in... Does ne body know if this will cause a problem??? I noticed that there is a 4 digit number on the injector solenoid, i use to work for caterpillar and i know if the 4 digit number on the inj didnt match the cylinder that it had been programmed to in the ecm, the engine wouldnt run... These 6.7s r new to me, im a 12v guy just for these reasons lol

Last edited:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed now the 4' of snow here is taking it's toll on our shops roof it has drooped down 6 inches just today

I would look at all of the numbers. If all are the same except one, then that one injector may need to be on the front. I wouldn't think that it would really matter though. When I had tips installed on my 04.5 I didn't have them numbered either and I just stuck them in. Didn't have a problem with it. Although these 6.7 are new to me aswell. Just going off common sence.

If your worried about the roof of the shop caving in.... PULL THE TRUCK OUTSIDE!!! lol

X2! Probly going to have to send it to the stealer, unless you can figure out how to get them back to the cylinders they belong in

hm only 6 injectors how many possibilities are there? a LOT, better sit down for a big bill.

6.7 injectors have to go back into the cylinders they came out of.

This is correct unless you have a scan tool that can change injector codes. The Snap-On Modis that I have is capable of changing codes.

Last edited:
This is correct unless you have a scan tool that can change injector codes. The Snap-On Modis that I have is capable of changing codes.

Ok, cool! Ive got the otc genisis 4.0 but idk if it will change them or not? ..... Like i said its not my truck it my buddys but i told him i thought this was his problem, i always number things as they come off just for reasons like this!!! Lol:doh:

I would look at all of the numbers. If all are the same except one, then that one injector may need to be on the front. I wouldn't think that it would really matter though. When I had tips installed on my 04.5 I didn't have them numbered either and I just stuck them in. Didn't have a problem with it. Although these 6.7 are new to me aswell. Just going off common sence.

If your worried about the roof of the shop caving in.... PULL THE TRUCK OUTSIDE!!! lol

Thanks for the help kino! Lol heck its my shop that i make a livin out of and hes worried bout his poor little truck lol hes got full coverage idk why hes so worried!!! Lol

I am not a cummins mechanic, I am a bimmer mechanic though, our cars also have numbered injectors the same as this truck.

Through the scanner you can see what injector numbers are paired to which cylinder, these numbers remain that way untill you manually go in and change the numbers.

My thought is.....can your scanner see these numbers? If so then you can go off of that info and put the correct injectors back in the correct places.

If I am way off base here I apologize

I am not a cummins mechanic, I am a bimmer mechanic though, our cars also have numbered injectors the same as this truck.

Through the scanner you can see what injector numbers are paired to which cylinder, these numbers remain that way untill you manually go in and change the numbers.

My thought is.....can your scanner see these numbers? If so then you can go off of that info and put the correct injectors back in the correct places.

If I am way off base here I apologize

You are correct. The codes are in the ECM and can be looked at in a 1 thru 6 order with the corresponding number next to the cylinder.The number is more than 4 numbers, Ive changed many and don't remember exactly how many there are but it looks something like AA6Y95 etc...etc... It is also stamped on the backside of the cap when installed in the engine. The other thing is i have never had to reprogram one,it is not a etched in stone thing of you haven to put it back in the cylinder it came out of. The determining factor of whether you have a problem are not will be if the injector was built in a batch that has parameters outside of what the ECM can adjust. I have only seen a mismatched injector issue one time out of 50 trucks.This one truck cranked and sounded like $hit and also threw a incompatible injector code as well as injector performance code. I really don't see this being your problem though. Sorry if i didn't catch it but is this a complete injector change are just nozzles?

Something over looked
Not enough crank time to fire
pucks not put back in the nozzle
rail pressure sensor not plugged in
serious fuel return......not enough pressure to fire
Check for return would be a must thing to check.(Disconnect return and crank)

Hope this helps.

Well round 2 after a new nozzle still won't start no excessive return all crossover tubes are seated and torqued now when it cranks you can hear a piston slap like a dry fire oa fuel knock it's blowing white/grey smoke while cranking I'm completely lost we ran the overhead 2 times thinking the exhaust valve was releasing too quick and dry firing and still didn't do nothing any help or advisewould be dearly appreciated