Boom. Tons of white smoke from exhaust oil from exhuast side of turbo.

fsqtothersq

So I pulled out of my driveway Saturday. I started getting into the throttle a bit and boom. After the boom, I had zero boost and a ton of white smoke billowing from my exhaust. After I parked I saw oil running out of the joint between the downpipe and the turbo. Help.
2006 6.0 Powerstroke

Yep. I just took the intake loose and the impeller is just flopping around in there. I'm running a edge juice hot unlocked (JUNK) and 4" DP to 5" MBRP with muff. I was just getting ready to stud it as well as egr delete, injectors, turbo and SCT. Any advice on parts selection would be great. I don't really tow much more than 8000# once in a while. Want something gets decent mileage but will run like a scalded dog when I want to.

You have a good start on mods planned but I would keep the EGR incase you have to deal with inspection and I would replace the oil cooler.

Still need help

Swapped the turbo. Preoiled the turbo. Fired it up. Sounded fine. Then I started hearing a little bit of a miss and getting a little white smoke. Now big pool of oil from the exhaust pipe. WTF is going on here??? Did I just smoke my brand new turbo?:nail::doh:

it could be blowing out all of the oil that was left in there when the old turbo let go. That new powermax should be screaming at idle if not theres something wrong, if it is whistling it may just be residule oil from the old turbo