boost and injector questions

jr22

oilfield equipped
hello, I have a couple of questions. i had my head studded and o-ringed installed 150 hp bd injectors during 1st test drive notice would idle wierd and engine sounded totally differant them before or any other cummins i have heard during my 2nd test drive i noticed a wind type noise when i accel oand when the trans shifted my wind noise changes tone this is the 1st i have noticed this issue?? i am running around 900* egt with only 2-4 psi of boost at 55- 65 mph ?? i checked for a boost leak and didnt find one at this time but did notice that i have devloped a oil leak where the it appears to be a oil return pipe bolts up and possible where the 2 half mate coulnd tell for sure ?? What kind of boost number should i see when accelerating ?? the truck just doesnt seem right and help would be great thanks, jr

Have you gone through the retorque for the head yet on the studs?? If you haven't, you do not need to be looking for max boost numbers yet.

Max boost numbers are hard to guess without knowing what type of turbo etc.

yes i retorqued the head bolts and i am running the factory hy35 turbo. i think some of my noise is from my afe. thanks, jr

Some of it might be from the turbo begging for mercy LOL LOL

Yeah, an intake will make a noticeable sound increase in the cab :evil

On the lower boost at hwy speeds, no big worry, you are making more power, the truck doesn't have to work as hard to move itself now and it's reflected in the lower boost #.

with the smarty on 4 and juice on 1 when it downshift it really blows the smoke i am hopeing that my super 62 will help with that and wont feel as laggy when it shifts thanks, jr

You are a touch bit overfueled right now, a larger turbo should help out a good bit.