Boost and White Smoke problems

bigd450

My brothers 04.5 is having a few problems and just looking for some more ideas on what it could be. He was noticing a popping at high rpm and higher boost and then the boost would drop to zero. Also his turbo was making a constant whistle at idle. His turbo ended up being completely shot the fins were hitting the sides. So he ordered a set of twins, he got the 62/71/13 sent out early to put on. It ran fine for a few days building 40+ boost. But now he can get up to about 20psi and then pop pop and a cloud of white smoke and the boost will instantly drop to zero. I thought maybe he was draining the rail, and it might be its hard to tell from the rail pressure gauge it does start to dip down a bit when it pops but it doesn't go near zero. Tested for boost leak but everything is good. He does have 160HP injectors with stock cp3 (waiting on a bigger one). But he had it like that before when it was running fine. Tried different settings on smarty and stock setting but didn't seem to help. Mainly what can cause the popping, boost dropping straight to zero and then white smoke? Any ideas?

make sure your oil return lines are not kinked if you do not have good drainage the oil will back up in the turbo and cause it 1 not to build good boost and smoke white with oil getting into the exhaust and or intake tube.
not saying that is the cure but a simple check i had this problem on my 12v after swapping out turbo's.