boost elbow = 30-31psi...

Rogan

US Army Tanker Vet
I searched, but didn't really find much on it, so here's my issue..

i've got an '01 24v with Edge Juice w/Attitude, stock turbo, 5" TBE and BHAF..

I just added the adj. boost elbow, as my boost was 28-30psi max. It's adjusted almost closed, and the bleed hole measures roughly 1/32", maybe a hair smaller.

As you can see, I only increased boost by a couple psi..
I can tighten the adjuster to close off all feed to the wastegate, and there's no real change measurable. If I open it up, then the boost falls back to ~28.

Any ideas?
I appreciate it.

thanks, hughes. I know on my 12V, I saw a huge difference in boost after adding an elbow. It was basically stock, as well, with exception to fuel plate, exhaust and intake.

I expected roughly the same with the 24v, but that isn't the case..

Last edited:
You had a bit more fuel from the plate, and a better exhaust allowing for a bigger change.

I have 5" turbo back exhaust on the 24v, and the Edge on 4 setting will roll heavy smoke, so I know it'll lay fuel to it..

Not disagreeing with you, just trying to understand it.

Thats all I was making with a drag comp and stock injectors. You can find used injectors for next to nothing and install them in less than an hour. It's worth it.

they'd have to be next to nothing, with my single income family situation.. :) providing for my kiddos extremely limits extracurricular spending.

I missed that in your post and your sig used to say stock, not that you had the Juice or exhaust, hence my assumption ( I just went off the sig, my bad). But with out bigger sticks, I wouldn't expect more boost.

Mine wouldn't make more than 30ish until I got injectors,and I had the same set-up with a 4" exhaust.

yeah, no worries. I realized I hadn't updated the sig, after the fact
.. ;)

I think I sold my jammer 5s for $200 shipped. They were hot and smokey for a stock charger though.

With rv275's and my comp on 4 i could swing near 40psi with the hx35 on the car, they don't need to be big injectors...