Boost fooler??? Pros and Cons?

Im kinda new to all this but I have an 06 Cummins with a smarty and I just put a HTB2 turbo on it. As I was test driving it the check engine light came on and it was for turbo overboost. Would a boost fooler help this? Are boost foolers bad? Can it mess anything up? Is there anything I can do other than a boost fooler?

The Smarty does boost fooling to 43-44lbs ( not 100% certain on those values, sure someone will clarify) but to get more you need to throw a bf in the mix. You can add a pressure box to the mix like an mp-8 to get additional boost fooling or just buy the basic bf.

I run a Quad boostfooler.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

No disadvantages. My EGTs dropped by 200 degrees down the 1/4th mile just by adding a boost fouler on my stock turbo. Turbo is louder as well. Like it's boosting more.

I use a mechanical pressure regulator on the MAP sensor to fool mine. It'll make 55psi with nothing but the Smarty. Throw some more fuel at it with the MP8 and it adds another 10+psi.

$35 for a bd boost fooler
or $350 for a mp-8 which will boost fool and u can add extra pressure-- worth 50-80hp

the MP-8 only boost fools if it's cranked way up... I didn't like having it turned up all the time. I never used it so I got rid of it. Just get the boost fooler. If you want more rail, just up the setting on the Smarty

ive never had a boost code come up on my truck with the mp-8 ,,,,, and it runs @ 0% all the time except at the track or dyno

but it was worth 35hp on one truck and 60hp on my other-- helped push them both over 800hp

I got it all the time with mine unless it was cranked up... I read somewhere that some fooled better than others... perhaps that's true?

my MP8 also got fried driving through water, and I thought I was going to get stranded in a flood... weather tight connectors ONLY under my hood from now on :eek:

Was it a overboost or was it s solonoid code??

Quad will help with overboost and resistor will help with the other

I have a smarty on my (new to me) 06. I get the wastegate code. Do I need a boost fooler? Sorry guys, I'm still learning all the CR stuff.

so if you have a MP8 and a smarty....i have a boost fooler and not hooked up. Should I hook it up with my new twins

Try it with just the mp-8. Not sure what the deal is with the mp-8's. Some bf for people from 0-100% and others only bf when turned up. Fortunately mine works fine zero'd out.

Sent from my DROIDX

the MP-8 only boost fools if it's cranked way up... I didn't like having it turned up all the time. I never used it so I got rid of it. Just get the boost fooler. If you want more rail, just up the setting on the Smarty

i couldnt agree more.

i have heard of some bad things happening years ago with the Mp8 stacked as well. i think it was claiming peoples Rail pressure sensors IIRC.

the smarty will handle the rail pressure and ive been running my BF since 07. ZERO problems, no codes and i get a few more PSI than the smarty alone does.

i have never hear of anyone or myself claim a difference in sound in the turbo spool tho with it. im making about 48 psi with my stokker depending on the weather down here.