Boost Q...

Lil' E

Fuel Junky
How much boost can a 24V hold with stock headbolts and a stock gasket? :thankyou2:

No they haven't been retorqued. My buddy wants to build his truck to run but he doesnt have the money to do it also he is talking about getting the top end done before he throws any fuel or air to it. All he has is a Quad Adrenaline, FASS 150 gph and his tranny just got freshened up. I have told him that he should be fine with a small set of sticks and a mild turbo before he has to start worrying about the head gasket blowing. Am I right on that? Don't know an awful lot about the Cummins but if he is not going insane on things right off the bat I figured that he should be ok.
BTW motor has about 150k on the odometer.

Keep it under 40psi and it should last, if you go much over that i'd start to worry...

He is hitting 45 on the stock charger, on a hard pull.

Thats not good. Does he have a plug in the wastegate hole or something? He's really asking for a blown HG right now. 45lbs on a lil ole stock charger is creating a TON of drive pressure.

I'm pushing 48psi on my stock HG and bolts. I've seen guys on here and other forums running 50-55psi. But NOT with a stock charger...

With a warm engine and retorqued bolts or studs you can usually get away with 50PSI if the drive pressure isn't to scary. With a stock charger? I'd try to limit it to the mid 30's, much above that and the air you are getting out of it is close to useless due to heat.

Usually if you keep it under 40 you should be ok, over that it's only a matter of time before it'll let loose. Mine lasted for a couple months at 45lbs

Same here, a coupla hot summer months of 42psi and 1500F on the pyro made mine a leaker back in '07...oil in the coolant.

i have stock re torqued head bolts and new stock head gasket and i have been hitting around 60+ but around that time i am trying to watch where i am going instead of the boost guage so i dont know exactly but i have been doin that for about a week now. how long yall think it will be before i become a leaker?

i have the HTT Sledpuller 66.

i know im gonna get a lot of crap but i am just wondering i plan on getting them just aint got no money at this time... waiting till i have to have them.

Well update that truck put down 325 hp on the dyno today. I thought that was a really respectable number for only running having the Quad Adrenaline on it. He was in the truck when it was on the dyno and he said that it smacked between 45 and 50 psi. He hasn't touched the wastegate on it. But he is watching haw hard he is running the truck so that he doesn't turn it into a leaker. Brett PM me when you get a chance. Thanks.